I haven't been here since Mexico. And I certainly pray my father isn't here. I listen for a while, and when I don't here anything, I try to get out of my bed.

I realize too late that half of my middle is gone, so I end up half way on the floor, screaming. Then, of course, I hear footsteps. Way to be subtle, I think, as the door opens.

"Oh, princess, don't move!" the person says in a low British accent. He picks me up gently and sets me back on the bed.

"Just lay still, I'll make the pain go away," he whispers as he sets his hands on my torn up stomach. A few seconds later, the pain is gone, nut my side is still throbbing.

"Thank you," I breathe.

"Do you need anything?" he asks.

"Water. Ice cold water," I say,  simply too out of it to ask for something useful. He walks off, and I think about what I had just seen. Loki, a six foot two god of mischief wearing an apron. I say silent thanks that he wasn't wearing my father's old "Kiss the Cook" one. After that, my thoughts get muddled again, and I start thinking in lists:

1. A god is wearing my dad's old apron

2. I am in my childhood home

3. I am still alive

4. A god just healed me,  and he was the one to bring me pain.

Now that I have my thoughts straight, I slowly stand up and get dressed. Another thing to add to my list: a god brought me new clothes. I throw on a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and converse. I walk out into the old familiar kitchen, and see Loki making waffles. And not just enough to feed two people, enough to end world hunger.

"Wow, waffle apocalypse!" I laugh, as I sit at the old blue and green table. My parents enjoyed colors.

"Too many?" Loki asks quietly.

"No, just right for a god and a girl," I smile. Together, we dig in to the waffles, Loki devouring more than three fourths of them.

"How'd you know this place was a home to me?" I ask, looking around.

"It showed up in your mind, you sent it to me unconciously. We can leave if you don't like it," he says.

"No, it's perfect." I stand up and look out the window. "The neighborhood is gone!"

"Yes, I do not know the purpose of keeping one home, but the humans saw one." he says.

"Maybe the private beach?" I say.

"Would you like to go down there?" Loki asks as he cleans the dishes. Suddenly I feel bad for not helping.

"Here, let me help. And yes, we can go for a picnic," I say, standing up to crack my back.

"Ahh, don't twist like that, you'll-" he gets cut off by my yelp. "You have to be careful, you are not immortal, princess."

"Okay, uh, thanks for helping me," I say. Loki just nods.

"We must go to the beach now if we are to lunch there," he says, gently wrapping his arm around my side to help me.

We finish washing the dishes and making a lunch, then Loki helps me out the door.

×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×

As we walk, I ask him questions about Asgard.

"What's it like? In Asgard?" I question.

"It is a grand and beautiful place. The architecture would take your breath away. Well..." he trails off.

"Well, what?" I say as I sit in the sand.

Loki sits by me, his armor shining in the hot California sun. "It was beautiful, until the Anarchy began," he sighs.

"Anarchy?" I ask.

"Some Asgardians did not want Odin to be the ruler, they wanted no control, no governing. So they formed in secret and they call themselves the Anarchy."

"Oh. Do you support them?" I say, uneasy.

"No, they do not support... my type."

"Your type?"

"Princess, I do not think you can handle my type."

"Try me." Loki stands, removes his armor, and his shirt. I am slightly shocked at this but I don't look away. His skin starts to change. Soon, he is a soft blue giant. I can feel the cold radiating off if him. I know exactly what he is, because well, I am one too.

"Loki, I... Well, I will show you," I stand up and take off my jacket. I can feel the cold raging through my skin. My arms flush blue, I close my eyes, and look down.

Suddenly, Loki grabs me and says, "How?"

"In Mexico, they... did things. More than give me powers," I say, looking into his eyes.

"Princess, the... they... oh,"he says,  at a loss for words. I hug him close.

"We need to go," I whisper, letting the cold slip out of my skin . Loki does the same and puts his armor on, which is soaking wet. Neither of us had noticed the rain.

×*×*×*×*×*×*×