How To Spend A Snow Day for Dummies

Start from the beginning

"Because," he says.

"What would I say that would be so bad?" I ask innocently.

"Nothing. You'd probably start laughing at me and then tell me to stay away from you forever," he says. I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Who on Earth do you like?" I ask him.

"We're going to be late for class, let's go," he says, grabbing my hand and pulling me through the hallway. I barely have time to kick my locker shut. My heart does an annoying flutter when he grabs my hand and I try to ignore it, or at least not let it show.

"So pushy," I chide him as we enter the classroom.

"So clueless," he shakes his head at me as we take our seats.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, confused.

"Exactly," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and my reply is cut off by Jaz's squeal as she enters the classroom.

"Faye! Guess what?!" she asks excitedly.

"A new Disney movie came out? I know! I already bought the soundtrack!" I say in the same tone as hers. She rolls her eyes.

"No, although it really was a good movie... it's supposed to snow this week!" she says excitedly.

"Really?" Dominico asks, unable to keep an excited look from his face.

"Yeah! I can't wait! And you two are both coming to my family's Christmas party, right?" she asks, hopefully.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. I finished getting everyone's gifts early in the first time in...ever!" I exclaim. Jaz laughs and looks to Dominico.

"When is it?" he asks.

"Christmas Eve's eve," Jaz says.

"Sure," Dominico says. Jaz squeals with joy. The bell rings and we all settle down. I see Rosaline and notice she's glaring at me more than usual. I really didn't want to get on her bad side! Why did she even loath me so much?

Mr. Bermuda comes in and starts drawling out a boring lesson in a monotone voice. It's awesome having a warlock friend who can keep the teacher's attention on the other side of the classroom while we play paper football. Although Dominico always cheats. That's the only way he can be so good.

"33-27. I win," Dominico gloats as we exit the classroom.

"Shut up," I growl back. Jaz rolls her eyes at us.

"I'm just waiting for you two to get caught," she groans. Dominico and I share a knowing smirk.

"Don't hold your breath," we both say at the same time. We shoot each other the don't-say-what-I-say! Kind of looks. I call farewell to them as they hurry to their next class and I shuffle off to mine.

School goes by as slow as...well school. The rest of the day passes uneventfully except for Ryan filling my locker with tinsel to come crashing down on me. Some friend.

*******************************************************************

I slam the door shut. It's cold. It's literally half the temperature of earlier this week. Now it's Thursday. Well, the end of Thursday. One more day! I hear the news on in the other room as I throw my backpack on the stairs to take up to my room later.

"High chance of snowfall tonight. A predicted 7 inches!" the newscaster exclaims.

"Hi, honey, how was school?" my mom asks.

"Fine," I reply.

"Did Dominico ask you out?" she's been asking me this every day. I've had the same reply too.