Grumpy and Good

This story was in my devious mind for a quite of a time. But i never had the courage to type it out. Like i was very shy and scared of criticism as people would question my age, but who cares? Anyways i have wrote this story to give a new touch on Obsessive-Complusive Disorder.

------------------------------------------------------
Seira pov

"I promise it wont hurt. But if you still need more time, you shall have it all." I assured Kendra who was going to have her operation. Well i should say trying to convince her and not assure. The tumour was getting bigger and the whiter it showed through the scans.

"You know we cant delay anymore!" Sarah whisper yelled in my ear.
"She can die Seira." Her clipboard showed the approximity of two months of life. Unless we removed the tumour.

"Im gonna try persuade her. Until when Sarah? Its all up to her. She has the experience of the pain, not us. She knows how it will hurt." I sighed.
"And she may live."

When it was lunch time, i decided to eat with Kendra in my office.
"Why am i here? In your office?" She asked chewing on her sandwich.
"Well im going to try ask you again. Will you have the operation now since you have less time?" Hoping hard, i bit into my lower lip. She let out a hasty breath.

"Fine."
"Are you sure? It will hurt."
"Screw it. Lets do it." We finished our food and i rushed into a quick meeting with my group.

"We will start the operation at four in the afternoon. Any questions?" I put my pen down.
"Ma'am?" Mason picked up his hand.
"Yes Mason?"
"She will live right?" Fuck. Mason was Kendra's brother.
"Everybody out. I want to speak to Mason. Alone." People scruffled and pushed their way out.
I took a seat next to him.

"Im not going to lie but she may live or she may not make it. 21 per cent." I squeezed his palm.
"But remember you said that never look at the huge percentage of no life but the little percentage of life that can be saved. I still have faith Doctor." He words pushed the negativity away and a new hope rose in me.

"Like your sister says, screw it, lets do it!" I patted his shoulder and we both took off for the preparation. This was my tenth operation. Time flew by so fast, it felt as if i just started a day ago and this was my first. Wow.

"You ready?" Sarah asked when i put on scrubs and gloves on.
Sighing, i nodded and she pulled me in a tight hug and i realized that i was shivering.
"Dont worry. Its gonna be your tenth success again."

Kendra was in a deep anaesthetic sleep. All her hair was shaved off leaving her bald for surgery.
"I just hope she doesnt have an anaesthetic awareness complication. Did you bring that camera? Is it ready?"

Using a flexible tube with a camera attached to the top, i pushed it gently in her nose and found my way to her brain, there was a gentle swell around her temple where just above near the crown was the tumour.
"Sarah, mark it." Sarah took a herbal pencil and marked the area around the tumour. I took the camera out.

Taking a deep breath, i asked Camilla to play some music for me. The song Stand by me began playing.
"Perfect song." I mumbled and Sarah grinned.

The scalpel cut through her skin and the deep red blood began dripping out slowly. Using cotton balls, i wiped much of it and began my real test. The tumour.

The strong skull was open through and the yellow white dead tissue floated on edge.
"There you are little fella'." I said.
"You need some talk?" John asked checking her monitors.
"Yes please."
"When i was little, my mother and father planned a birthday party for me..."
As he continued, my spike and spoon like metal lifted the tissue and i carefully pulled it out. There was more.

"And they smeared the raw eggs on my face then." John said and Sarah giggled softly.
"Doctor?" Camilla called out while i was cleaning up.
"Her heart rate is getting low." I glanced at the monitors.
180, 172, 140...120 ...90. Really fast.
"Holy cow." John cursed.
"Stitch it up and we start the regulation."
Sarah and the others got to stitch her up and i rushed out for a deep breath.
"Doctor!" Mason shouted.
"How is Kendra doing?"
"I wont lie but her heartbeat is quite low. We gonna' start the regulation a jiffy." He looked down.
"The tumour?"
Before i could say anything, the doors opened and Camilla ran out.
"Operation successful!" My mind was still processing still.
"What?"
"What what? Kendra's going to live!" Mason and Camilla squeezed me in the hug. Fuck.

In the ward...
Seira pov
"You feeling good?" I sat close and watched Kendra.
"Just dizzy." Camilla gave her a glass of diluted orange juice.
"Do you how scared Doctor was?" Sarah added.
I rolled my eyes.
"I know. I said no before because i knew she was scared. She is so weird. She's scared of low heartbeats but not blood." I did that again.

"I hope you will find someone who will raise your heartbeats and lower them too." Sarah and Kendra giggled and i decided to walk out. Silly girls.

At home...
Seira pov
Parking my classic Volkswagen Beetle, i turned the key and switiched it off.
I pulled the handle and the door didnt open.
"Come on Baby girl, open up!" I said aggresively pulling at the handle and pushed the door.
"Baby girl, open up." The door opened!

"She just needs to be buttered up." Dad said when i climbed out.
"Good evening Dr. Carter." I hugged him.
"Successful?"
"Successful."

We walked in our beautiful home and my nose caught the smell.
"Arggh! Ma! You made pizza!" I clapped my hands and ran to the kitchen.
"Food!"
Ma was wearing this amazing yellow dress that complimented her hair.
"Thank you Megan." I took a huge bite of the slice.
"Wash your hands!" I grabbed the plate and gobbled on it.

Later in my pjs, i flopped on the leather and chose Teen Wolf. I had a small crush on Tyler Hoechlin.
Ma and dad walked down the stairs like it was their pre wedding party. They looked awesome.
"And then?" I asked.
"I love your pjs." Dad tried avoiding.
"No thanks. I just had coffee."
"What?" Ma asked.
"We are going for a double date with the Valeros." Dad said.
"The billionaires?" I asked chewing on cookies.
"Yes."
"All the best." And they both climbed in the Mercedes and the chauffeur drove off.

I locked the door and sat back, watching.
Then on the tv screen was the kissing scene of Scott and Alison which made me feel overwhelmed.
How i wish i found someone like Scott, not a werewolf, but an amazing- head over heels person.

Shutting off the tv, i worked on my next case when my eyes drooped closed.