Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"I know right? I hate her so much, it's just freaking torture living with her!" Levi said, and I winced, running my fingers through my hair whilst attempting not to make any noise. Things were going to get fiery if he caught be eavesdropping.

"Aww, Lev-Lev, don't worry, I love you so much and my love adds up to so much more than all the fake love she's given you over the years!"

"I love you too, Ashy-Baby, you're so adorable! I could never wish for a better girlfriend than you!"

I heard some kissing noises, and decided to cover my ears and wrinkle my nose up in disgust.

This was revolting.

But after they had stopped their webcam making-out session, I was about to walk away when I heard my name again.

"-Lexi is such a weirdo! God, her smile is so wonky! Is she some sort of deformed alien? That's from Lucy in the other form," Ashley read out, and I wondered if this was the graffiti part. two.

I didn't think I'd be able to make it through that again.

Levi sniggered. "Hey, let me log into the Facebook page, I haven't got it open right now."

"Ooh, how about this one? Haha, o-m-g she was and still is such an idiot, even when she was another ten-year-old brat! That's from one of the people in, like, the other form," Ashley said, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What were they talking about? I knew it was something to do with me, but come on. None of anything they were saying was making any sense.

I was nosy, wasn't I?

"Is that on the latest photo I put up?" Levi chuckled. "The one of her when she was ten on the beach looking like a freak?"

"Yeah! There's like, hundreds of comments!" Ashley said. "And so many likes."

Likes? Comments? Photos? People calling me a weirdo?

Then it finally clicked, and I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid.

Facebook.

I didn't have a Facebook account myself - I found it pointless, stupid and what was the point if I had nobody to add on there as a friend? People already hated me enough in person, and over Facebook, every single photo and every single word I typed would just make everything worse. At least on How to Get a Life, I could hide behind a username, LexiPainter123. I didn't have to log in using my full name and I didn't have to take an ugly selfie just to use Facebook.

I didn't have a Facebook in case I got cyberbullied.

But funnily enough, I was getting cyberbullied right now.

There was always a loophole. There was never a way to stop it. Never.

That's when I did the boldest thing I had done to Levi in about four months; opening the door with so much force it slammed against the corridor walls, and storming into his room. For a moment, I stood around five metres away from him, who had turned around with a shocked look on his face.

I wasn't meant to find out about the Facebook thing.

Everything the Populars had done so far was right in front of my face, where I could see it. Where it could hurt me. Where I would always know their hatred for them. But this was behind me, where I had never bothered thinking about. Where they could bring me down without my knowledge, where they could despise me without my interference.

Because I didn't have to know everything.

Of course they would choose Facebook. Basically everyone in the school had Facebook. It was the easiest place to spread rumours about someone, because everyone had everyone as friends and things spread like wildfire. It was the easiest place to bitch about someone behind their backs, since privacy settings were crazy on there.