Dad then embraced me in a warm hug, giving me enough space to breathe in and for him to have me in his arms.

"You have me worried young lady! Do you know how scared I was to find you at 3 in the morning, out of your wits and barely moving?" He ranted. "I swore I almost lost all my morals and punched the kid who was carrying you."

"Dad I'm fine now." I whispered, trying to calm him down. He pulled away, only for him to hold both my shoulders and stared at my face, trying to find if there's anything out of place.

"She's okay Anthony." Dr. Mason muttered in assurance at the side.

"She should be." Dad said sternly, his eyes never leaving me. "Don't do that again please Andrea."

"Dad..."

"Just please... please Andi." I nodded. Even though we both knew what really lies ahead. "Just stay here. For now. Until I know you'll be alright."

"I will dad so please breathe. I'm fine. I'll stay here."

It's not like I have somewhere to be.

When I felt someone else's eyes glued solely to me, I met Jacques's stare. He looked like I was going to disappear right before him. He looked... a little scared. And a bit relieved. He looked like he wanted to hug me.

I smiled at him. He tried to smile back. But his gentle eyes looked like he was about to cry.

And that's when I knew, he had pushed all the right questions for my father to give him honest answers.

"Can Jacques and I talk?" I said.

Dad didn't move though. He stayed still in his place, as if it was fine with him to hear what conversation Jacques and I would talk about.

"Anthony I have something to discuss." Dr. Mason intervened.

"I'm fine—"

Dr. Mason grunted as he pulled my father away. I find it funny that him and dad though at the peak of their careers, achieved a lot throughout their friendship, had people looked up to them, still pick on each other like little kids.

Real friendship just goes better with age I guess.

"Let's go Anthony."

"Lucky bastard to have a son as a child." Dad replied underneath his breath but it was too silent for not anyone who's in ear shot could not hear him.

"Language Price."

"Oh shut up Jenkins." Dad muttered. "Wagner, five minutes tops." He added with a warn.

"Yes sir."

As soon as the door was closed, Jacques stepped forward. He had a small tight smile painted across his face and I tried to return the gesture as genuinely as I could.

"Are you... okay now?" He asked, a little bit hesitant.

I nodded. "Did dad ask? Did you tell him?"

He heaved a sigh. "I have to."

"All of it?"

"Its the only way for me to find out about the whole thing. Your dad wanted a trade. And I wanted to know the truth." He took a seat near my bed. His eyes never looking far away.

I sighed. "Ah, the business man in him."

"Andi?"

"Yeah?"

"You'll be fine. I know you will."

I didn't say anything. I just... smile.

"Is that it?"