33 || Valentines Day Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

I laugh to myself.

I practically float out of class with my roses.

"Guess who got roses?" I say grinning like crazy at lunch.

"Ooooh," Chanel wiggles her brows at me and Ivy winks.

"I bet it's from a cute boy," Nikole smiles cheekily and I nudge her to be quiet because Carter and the guys are at the table. And Vanessa although I have no idea why.

"It could be from Jason Dunce," Vanessa opens her big mouth and just like that my good mood is sucked dry.

"I don't believe anyone asked for your opinion," Nikole snaps.

"Chill," Ryan says and she glares at him.

I don't have to look to know the girls are shooting Vanessa dirty looks. Either she's oblivious and doesn't realize or she knows and is just pretending to ignore them.

"I don't think they're from Jason Dunce," Carter speaks.

I give him a curious look. "Why would you think that?"

He shrugs. "Just a thought."

"Who do you think sent you roses?" Ivy asks slyly.

"I honestly have no idea."

"Dude it could be anyone," Trevor says. "Literally almost all the girls are in love with you."

"Is there anyone in particular you wish they were from?" Chanel probes and I suck my pink lemonade through my straw so I can keep my face neutral.

"Yeah," Carter replies and I see him subtly glance at me which makes me choke on my drink and I start coughing and spluttering wildly.

"Eww you got spit on me," Vanessa whines.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

After lunch Ivy pulls me aside.

"Ask him to the dance."

"What?!"

"Ask Carter to the dance. You do know it's girls ask boys this year right?"

Oh yeah. Every school year we switch it up. Last year it was boys ask girls now it's girls ask boys.

"I can't," I chew my lips nervously. "What if he says no?"

"Aubrey you idiot! He likes you ok? Capiche? So ask him."

I nod.

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask Carter to the dance.

I'm so gonna do it.

Just walk right up and ask him.

Easy peasy.

After school we have another committee meeting and work on the decorations. The dance is this Saturday and we have to be here at ten am to start setting up.