Chapter Ten

NPOV

Rose wouldn't leave Alexandra's side. All she did was sat on the couch and read stories to her. She was trying very hard not to cry. Growling I left the room and went down to the basement. Galina was leaning against the hard rock wall, in the darkness, watching Rose's friends. She was smiling. "Galina?" She turned to look at me.

"You look pale." I shrugged.

"I'm fine." She narrowed her eyes but didn't press it. She didn't actually care. She turned back to Dimitri. It was strange to see him. He was very well built. Galina stepped out of the shadows. I followed her.

"Privet Dimitri." Dimitri looked up. His eyes narrowed. "I've come to understand that you and Rosemarie were dating." He didn't respond. Just thinking about Dimitri touching my Rosie made me want to rip his throat out. Rose was mine and only mine.

RPOV

Nathan had to drag me back to the bedroom with him, and even then I put up a fight. When I lay down I made sure to be the farthest away from him. For once he didn't fight or argue. I woke up around 12PM to Alexandra's cries.

"Mamma?" I jumped out of bed. Nathan groaned and turned onto his other side. "MAMMA!" I shut the bedroom door quietly and turned on the living room lights.

"Shhh, I'm right here." I whispered, sitting down on her bed.

"M-my head hurt." She reached towards the bandages but I pulled it back down.

"don't play with it. Please." I kissed her on the cheek.

"B-b-b-but-" She was crying harder now. I pulled her to me and let her cry into my chest. Her little hands gripped my night-shirt.

"Are you hungry?" She nodded vigorously. I picked her up and walked into the kitchen. I handed her, her gummy bears. They seemed to calm her down. She sat on the couch with me.

"Mamma?" It had been ten minutes of silence, staring at the blank television screen. "What happened?" She didn't remember?

"Uh- you spit on your father's face and-" I stopped. She'd understand.

"I love you mamma."

"I love you too Alexa."

The days progressed. She changed. She pretty much stopped talking and when she did speak she stuttered in the beginning. She threw up every day for about a week and she slept in longer. Nathan began avoiding her... well more than usual.

"Rose!" Nathan came in through the front door. Alexandra sat on the floor coloring in her book. I stood up from the couch to meet him. He didn't seem mad. He seemed... happy? Slowly I brushed a hand down his chest. "Galina wants us both up in her room." Why was he happy about that? Nathan wrapped an arm around my waist and began leading me out the door. Alexa wouldn't leave. Nathan always locked the door. Galina's room was on the top floor of the state, giving her the best view of the area. She had her own balcony and a two bedroom suite. Nathan knocked once and entered. Galina sat on the couch feeding from a young boy. "He looked dead. She let go of him and he collapsed. She walked over to us.

"I needed Dinner." Galina said licking her lips. "Rosemarie. It's nice of you to join us." Could no one call me Rose? Her voice was hollow. "We need to have a chat... about children." Oh great. That explained why Nathan was smiling.

APOV

That Galina lady was obsessed over Dimitri. I mean seriously! Was every girl obsessed with him? She came by everyday just to chat with him. I'd never seen him so frightened before. No scratch that. I'd never seem him frightened before.

The Strigoi really liked Christian. Maybe it was because of his parents. I wasn't' sure. He was so out of it, it wasn't even funny. Yes... They drank from him.

Lissa had become cold. She refused to talk to anyone. She only talked to Christian when he brought back. Eddie didn't really talk much. He wasn't mad at anyone in particular. He was just bored.

As for Alexandra and Rose, they were both blocked. Were they constantly awake, or something else?

"Ow!" Lissa grunted.

"You okay?" Eddie asked coming to her side immediately. Christian was off somewhere. Lissa nodded wincing slightly.

"I-I think my kid just kicked me." Alright then...

NPOV

"A-a-a-another child?" Rose was shocked. Why? Galina nodded. I was happy with this. "And if it's not a boy?" Rose was whispering but I could hear her loud and clear.

"If you have a girl Rosemarie," She hissed. "We will sell it." I expected some kind of reaction from her. Maybe some screaming or crying. There was nothing. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her on the neck. Only Galina and I knew why a boy was so important. I'd told Galina about Alexandra's acting out. She had more Strigoi in her than we originally thought. I also knew that she was a Spirit User. It had first just been a guess. She was knocking food down from shelves way too high and throwing things at me without actually touching them. A boy would be ten times stronger.

Galina was waiting for Rose to say something. I nudged her. She shot me a glare. What she said made me want to kill her. "What. If. I. Refuse?" Her voice was more of a snort than anything else. Galina smiled.

"Oh, you won't." She said. We had Alexandra and her friends. She wouldn't say no.

"Galina, where do you expect us to put this child when it is born?" I asked. She looked over at me and pursed her lips.

"I suppose you could move into the other two bedroom apartment." Thank. Fucking. God. "It's on the other side of the building but I guess you could manage it." I'd had that ratted apartment for 6 years. I hated it. "However, Rosemarie has to be pregnant before you move." She walked over and picked up the unconscious boy. "Now, shoo, I'm hungry." I grabbed Rose and pulled her out of the room.

"Nathan," She said softly. I ignored her as I pulled her down the steps, back to my home. I opened the door. "Nathan," I shut the door. Alexandra was sitting on the couch. She didn't register our appearance. I pulled her into the bedroom and let go. She stumbled a few steps before turning to face me as I locked the door. I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her into me. She struggled. "I don't want to do this right now," She said looking away. She pressed her hands to my chest, but I flung them to the side. I kissed her neck as she arched.

"Shut up," I growled possessively as I pushed her into the bed. Her clothes started coming off, then mine started coming off.

"Please," She whispered. I knew she was asking me to stop but her tone made it sound like she was begging for it. "Please d-" I bit down hard on her neck. She cried out. I hadn't given her any endorphins. It was a warning.

"Shut. UP!" I growled pushing her down on the bed. She was twitching and I knew it was because of the bite. She hated when I did that and it made sense. It hurt like a bitch.

"Alexandra-" I slapped her.

"Rosie," I said menacingly. "Get on the bed." She scrambled up and I followed her. I went into her in one thrust. Her hands went to the sheets. I bit down hard about an inch above the other mark.

"Nathan," She bit out as I started drinking. "G-Ow!" I looked into her eyes.

"You shouldn't have struggled." I hissed before attacking her neck again. Her blood found its way into my mouth as we continued to have sex. No endorphins for her. She was whimpering and I could tell trying not to scream. This was going to be a long night.