Chapter Seventeen

Isy's POV:

The last few weeks have been pretty tense for the Murphy's and McDonough's. It feels as though everyone is avoiding the whole Emily and Cameron situation yet it seems to be all we think about. It's like walking on thin ice with Emily because say the wrong thing and she will get really mad. I've been spending more time with Saige lately and I can't believe how well we get along. In a way, Emily was the reason Saige and I barely spoke so this whole situation in a way has given me a chance to get to know my other cousin. I'm still mad at Emily for spending time with my dad.

"The worst part is, that she kept it a secret from all of us. Not even my mum knew till she found out that day."

"That's the thing with my sister, she keeps everything a secret. And than as soon as we all find out she plays the victim!"

"And your poor mum! I've never seen Aunt Liz so upset before."

Liz's POV:

"And your poor mum! I've never seen Aunt Liz so upset before."

I overheard as I walked near Saige's bedroom.

"Emily is horrible to our mum! She makes her cry all the time and it makes me really sad because our mum does so much for us. She's the best mum in the world and this is how she gets treated", I heard Saige say to Isy making my heart melt.

"You know I'm sorry for never believing you all these years, you know with the whole Emily can be mean thing. I've never really seen that side of her until now."

"It's alright, it was hard to see that side because she's always so nice around you."

"Hey girls, lunch is ready!" I said walking into Saige's room pausing their conversation.

"Thanks mum", Saige said getting up and hugging me.

"Thanks Aunty Liz," Isy said giving me a hug as well before they both made their way downstairs to eat.

It made my heart ache that these girls had to be in the middle of such drama. They don't deserve to be brought into such adult situations, than again it is heart-warming to know how much they appreciate me.

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" I asked the girls as I walked back into the kitchen.

"Well we were really hoping to see Finding Dory," Saige looked up at me with a cheeky grin.

"And I'm guessing you need a ride there?"

"That's correct."

"Look up times and let me know than!"

"Ah, thank you! You're the best mum!"

"Okay, well I'm going to go do some washing, you girls alright here?"

"Yeah we're fine Aunt Liz," Isy smiled happily digging into her food.

*** *** ***

After doing the washing, cleaning the bathroom and other household chores, hours had gone by and it was already nearly time to drop Saige and Isy off at the movies. As I folded the last pair of shirts I was already thinking about what needed to be done tomorrow. It seemed there was endless tasks to do around the house and on top of of that I had some things I needed to get done for work before Monday. My thoughts about the designs my team and I were working on were suddenly interrupted by yelling coming from downstairs.

I placed the last shirt on the bed and sighed.

Emily.

"Since when do you two hang out?" I heard my eldest comment loudly as I walked down the stairs.