Chapter Fifteen

Isy's POV:

Tonight was officially my last night at my dad's house. In a way it kind of made me upset to think that I wouldn't see my day every week, than again I'm more than happy to never return. I was so shocked when mum told me that dad had handed over full custody, I never imagined him to have a change of heart after the way he's been acting but I guess something just clicked inside of him.

This night seemed to drag on forever though.

"Thank God you're getting out of here soon, you're such a nusiance when you're here", Ashley snickered.

Instead of Olivia calling her daughter out for her rudeness like a mother should, she did the complete opposite and laughed at her daughter's comment.

"Have you done the dishes yet like I asked?" Olivia questioned me.

"Not yet I-"

"Hey, maybe Ashley can do them tonight seeing as it's Isy's last night. Maybe we could play a game or watch a movie together?" My dad interrupted putting his arm around my shoulder.

"But dishes are HER job", Ashley complained.

"And tonight it's your job. Go on", he instructed her. Ashley simply rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen angrily.

"Babe, I don't think that's very fair", Olivia said as she walked over to him and wrapped an arm around his neck once my dad removed his arm from my shoulder. Watching her play with his shirt collar in a flirty way made me want to be sick.

"Well she's going to have to get used to it from now on isn't she?" My dad stated before pulling out of her grasp and turning to me.

"What do you want to do?"

"Huh?" I asked shocked he was allowing for me to decide.

"You can pick."

"Do you still have that air hockey machine?"

"I do, come on", he said leading me to it.

I sighed wishing that my dad had always treated me this way rather than just tonight because I was leaving. I wish he always stood up for me when it came to Ashley and Olivia. Why did he have to wait till now to show his love for me?

Liz's POV:

Connor was currently away on work for the next 3 days and I was drowning in things I needed to get done for work. I still need to send feedback on the intern's second lot of designs, I have to prepare for a presentation tomorrow which is nowhere near finished.

"Emily", I called as I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Yeah", she called out.

"Can you come in here for a second please", I shouted as I typed.

A few seconds passed before Emily finally appeared in my office.

"Yes?" She asked leaning on my desk.

"Hey, I'm buried neck deep in work which I really need to get done, can you please start dinner? I bought ingredients for nachos so it's really easy."

"I can't I'm going out", she said.

"What?" I stopped typing and looked up. "Where are you going?"

"Dinner with people from school."

"Em, please I really need help. You can go out afterwards."

"Mum no, I have plans."

I sighed and took a deep breath, preparing for a war to begin.

"Emily, I'm just asking you this once, this one time for you to do something for me."