Chapter 24

Confession
Chapter 24

Kele didn't find Yanan anywhere that night. She tried to call his phone but it was off and he was completely unreachable. When the party ended, she went home with Kino and Wooseok but she couldn't sleep that night worrying about that dork, wondering why he cried and what made him sad.

Yanan never cried in front of her. He always appeared strong and reliable so she was thinking that whatever or whoever made him cryㅡhe's really hurting from it. She couldn't quite bear that thought. He is someone who has always been there for her and seeing him hurting like that somehow breaks her heart.

The next day, when she woke up, she tried reaching him again but his phone was still off so she decided to finally call his house.

His grandma answered with her familiar voice.

"Hi, grandma! This is Kele. Uhm, is Yanan there?"

"Oh, Kele. How are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm alright! I'm sorry. I'll visit again soon. I promise."

The elder laughed. "You promised. Anyway, Yanan isn't here. He left early. He didn't even touch his breakfast. Aigoo, that kid..."

"Ah... okay, thanks. Please tell him I called."

She hung up with a sigh and got ready for school.

During lunch time, Kele finally got to ask her friends about Yanan.

"Have you guys seen him?"

"Noㅡthat's weird. He's usually always around where you are." Seungyeon said.

"Did something happen? Did you two fight?" Seunghee asked.

Kele shook her head. "No..."

"He's probably just roaming around somewhere." Yeeun said.

But where?

»»※««

After school, Kele went over Wooseok's place. They sat at his backyard, glancing up the stars.

"I haven't seen Yuto all day. I wonder where he went." Wooseok said.

She sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. "I haven't seen Yanan all day either. I'm so worried."

"Why? Did something happen?"

She nodded. "I think something happened but I don't know what it is. I feel badㅡhow could he not tell me about what's bugging him? We're best friends. I tell him almost everything."

"Almost." He said, giving her a quick glance before turning his eyes on the stars again. "There are things he can't tell you."

"Like?"

He looked at her again as if he wanted to say something but he held himself back and breathed in, "He might tell you when the right time comes."

Kele smiled and took his hand. "You know what? I feel so blessed lately. I really believe that God has plans and reasons why things happen in our lives. Whatever it is Yanan is going through, I know he'll overcome it."

Wooseok looked away. "I don't know."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean," He said, weighing his words carefully. "It's hard to believe in Him when you've lost everything."

Kele stared at him wide-eyed, as if she couldn't believe he just said that. She sat straight up and looked at him even more.

He chuckled. "Stop staring like that."