Chapter 18

Why He Left Her
Chapter 18

"So what happened to him?" Kele asked her brother after dinner and they were alone in the living room. Their parents were already in their room.

"You really don't know?" He asked with a frown.

She looked down on her lap. "I had no idea."

He sighed. "His grandma passed away the day before the incident with Kyung happened. His mom wasn't in a good state so Yuto had to come back as soon as possible." He explained. "I can't believe he didn't tell you."

Kele wanted to ask why her brother would say that, or if he knew about her and Yuto but at that moment, her mind went blank and then she couldn't hear the next things he was saying anymore.

»»※««

Kele sat on her bed, her back leaning on the headboard. She couldn't help but go back to the memories of the past in her dark, quiet room.

"Yuto! Come over tomorrow. Kyung will finally be home." She told him cheerfully. They just had a picnic together at the school's park. Everything was prepared by him, so Kele feels really happy. There aren't students around today because it's holiday, so there are just the two of them. How he persuaded the guard to let them in, Kele has no idea.

Yuto, though, looked the opposite of how she feels. He avoided her eyes and looked down on his lap.

"Yah... is everything okay?" She asked, worriedly.

He smiled at her. "Yeah, but Kele..."

"Yes?"

"I might not make it tomorrow. I'm sorry."

"Why?"

He looked at her in the eyes and tucked the strands of her hair behind her ears. "I have to take care of some things."

"What things?"

He chuckled. "I'll tell you later."

"Okay." She said and smiled as she scooted towards him.

Yuto entwined his hand with hers as they both lean their back on a tree.

He suddenly reached for his bag and took a pair of scissors. "I saw childhood sweethearts doing this on dramas, let's do it." He said.

"What is?"

He started sculpting letters on the tree. "I guess they do this so that they'll have something to look back on in the future." He said. Kele stared at his very serious face while he was sculpting.

She smiled widely. "Let's come back here in the future and see if it's still there then."

When he looked at her, she hinted sadness in his eyes. "That's if you still like me at that time."

She frowned. "Heol. I think you're the one who's gonna fall out since you have so many pretty girls lingering around you!"

He grinned and stole a kiss on her forehead. "What to do? I belong to the awesome six."

"And you're proud of it?"

"Of course! I have great friends."

"Good looking friends."

He stopped smiling. "Yah! Eyes on me only."

Kele giggled. "Yes!"

He finished sculpting 'Y ♡ K' on the tree. She grinned. "People will assume it's Yuto heart Kino."