you'll never guess

After the encounter, Sam quickly searched for Dean.
   "Dean!" Sam whisper yelled. He had to be quiet because he's in a library still. Dean saw his brother and smiled a bit.
   "What's up? You look like you just saw the devil." Dean said jokingly. "Actually, in a way, I did." Sam said, "I saw Lucifer from school."
   Dean's green eyes widen, "Did he do anything to you, are you okay?" He asked with worry. "He didn't do anything, I'm alright." Sam reassured. "In fact, he helped me up when I fell." Sam said. Dean looked puzzled. "Seriously?" He asked with disbelief. Sam nodded in confirmation. Dean gave a 'huh' and he noticed the bruise on Sam's head.
   "Did you get that bruise from falling?" Dean asked. Sam touched his forehead, "Yeah, I guess so."
   "And I think he might be my soulmate. I saw a small bruise, I think, in the same spot." Sam admitted. Dean laughed. "I'd be surprised. Lucifer? Your soulmate? That's unrealistic!" Dean exclaimed. Then he saw Sam's worried look. "But entirely possible. Let's go check this son of a bitch out." Dean said.

   After the run-in in the aisle, Lucifer went to find his best and only friend and his little brother. He found them and before he could say anything Charlie grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him to her height.
   "Luci! Where we're you?" Charlie demanded, "A cute boy just talked to Cas and you missed it!" Charlie scolded. Lucifer was amused and Castiel was embarrassed.
   "Oh? Will we have to worry? Must I threaten him to not break your heart?" Lucifer smirked.
   Castiel looked at him in horror. "I don't see it necessary since he's hasn't asked me out on a date." He says. Lucifer laughed, "I was just teasing, Cas." Castiel sighed on relief. "Good, because I don't want your reputation to be any worse."
   Lucifer's face fell and was accompanied by Charlie affectionately rubbing his back.
   "Hey, don't beat yourself up. Everyone is just jealous they don't know the way we know." Charlie said comfortingly. Lucifer smiled at the support. But he was feeling awkward and said, "If you sing that song from Corpse Bride I'm gonna throw up." Lucifer joked.
Then Charlie and Castiel promptly burst into the song Lucifer was talking about.
    After a few lines they stopped and Charlie pulled Lucifer into a hug. He stood there and let himself be held by his friend. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed someone staring at him. He turned his head to get a better look and saw who it was. It was Dean Winchester and a boy by his side. It looked like the boy he tried to help up. If that's Dean then the boy must be Sam Winchester. Shit.
   Why is Dean staring? Lucifer thought of every reason but couldn't come up with a realistic and logical one. Lucifer stared back and hoped he'd go away.
   He was so focused he didn't realize Charlie let him go. Now she was trying to see what he's staring out.
   "What are you looking at?" Charlie asks, but Lucifer keeps staring. Charlie snaps her fingers in his face, yet no attention. Finally, Charlie caught on. She then giggled and said, "Hey, if your gazing at Dean like that, just know that Cas is already on his sweet ass." Charlie joked and finally caught Lucifer's attention. "I wasn't, it's just he's staring at me and I'm struggling to understand why." Lucifer said informingly.
   "Who knows? I doubt he'll do anything." Charlie shrugs.

   Dean was staring at Lucifer's forehead trying to see if there was a small bruise and cut. It was difficult, but he had to do it for Sammy. Dean was hit with fear but also relief when Lucifer stared back. Now he could see much better. But even then, it's not enough.
   "Is anything there or was everything all in my mind?" Sam asked. Dean kept looking, but finally just shook his head. "No, I don't see anything. But I didn't notice anything on you until you pointed it out. Maybe if I had a closer look I could see." Dean said.
   Sam sighed; meanwhile, Dean had a light bulb flicker on in his head.
   "Hey, what if I talked to one of them and tried to get a better look?" Dean offered. Sam thought about this plan, "That's pretty good, but you need conversation topics." Sam said. Dean groaned, "I guess you're right."
   The brothers sat there and tried to come up with topics. Now it was Sam's turn with the lightbulb.
   "Did you do your science homework?" Sam asked, then laughed when Dean groaned again. "You and Cas have science, talk to him about homework!" Sam offered. "Alright then, I'll do it."

   Castiel is scanning the shelves with his friend and brother for a science book. He didn't finish the homework because he didn't have a book on the topic of genetics.
   He sensed another person walked in the aisle. He glanced over to see who it was. It was the one and only, Dean Winchester.
   Dean stood by Castiel and pretended to be looking for a book. After a few minutes, Castiel broke the silence.
   "So, what brings you here?" Castiel asks picking up a book and checking if it was one he needed.
   "I didn't start on the science homework." Dean answered truthfully. Castiel put the book he was holding away. "I haven't finished. I need a book on genetics." Castiel said.
   "I have a book on genetics." Dean said, giving Castiel hope, "But it's at home." Castiel's hope deflated.
   "We share science, I can bring the book and you can finish it in study hall." Dean offered. Castiel smiled and agreed.
   The two talked for awhile and were so invested that Dean completely forgot to do what he was supposed to do.
   After they exchanged phone numbers, Dean went back to find Sam in the mini Starbucks in the library.
   "So, did you see anything?" Sam asked impatiently. "See what?" Dean asked. Sam bitchfaced him. "Oh. OH. Oh yeah, shit, I'm sorry but I forgot to check." Dean said with a nervous look.
   Sam sighed and threw his arms up into the air. "I'll just check by myself!" Sam said obviously annoyed.

   Sam found Lucifer talking to Charlie, and before he could do anything, he overheard their conversation.
   "Whoa! How did you get that bruise?" Lucifer touched his forehead, "Damn, I had a bruise? How did I get it?" "Probably your soulmate accidentally got hit." "Ha, maybe." "I wouldn't worry."
   An indescribable emotion hit Sam like a splash of cold water. Jesus Fucking Christ. Lucifer was his soulmate. The guy everyone fears is his goddamn soulmate. He ran back to find Dean.
   He went back to that Starbucks and saw Dean. He was going to ask if they could just go home. But before he could say anything Dean spoke.
   "Hey, are you okay? You look like you just saw a-" "Can we go home?" Sam asked, interrupting Dean. "Sure, but is everythi-" "Let's just go home." Sam insisted. Dean nodded and put his hands up. "Alright then."

   Sam and Dean finally get home after a quiet car ride. Dean would try to start conversation but Sam ignored. The moment Sam walked in the house, he immediately went upstairs to his room.
   "What's wrong with the moose?" Rowena asked Dean. "I don't know." Dean responded. "Dean, go see what's wrong won't you?" Mary insisted. Dean listened and went upstairs to find out what's up.
   Dean walked up to Sam's door and knocked before entering. Sam was lying down. He was obviously thinking.
   "Hey, what's up? You aren't yourself." Dean said, sitting next to Sam. "Lucifer is my soulmate and I don't even know what to think." Sam said.
   Dean's eyes widened. "Well, think of it this way-" Dean started while putting his hand on Sam's shoulder-"See our moms? They love each other to the damn moon and back. And they aren't soulmates too. If two people who aren't soulmates can love each other that much, then why can't soulmates not like eachother?" Dean explained.
   "Listen Sammy, the universe doesn't decide crap, you do. Don't let anyone tell you to do anything unless that someone is you." Dean said to try to boost Sam's spirits.
   Sam sat up and smiled. "Feel better?" Dean asked. Sam nodded, "Much." Dean gave a grin and patted Sam on the back and pulled him into a hug.
   Hey, Mom's making dinner. She's making Spaghetti, with lots of oregano. (For my Heathers fans) Let's go get dinner and try to forget about this bull. Whatdya say, Sam?"
   Sam laughed and agreed. "That sounds good." Maybe this whole situation wouldn't be too bad.

------------------------------------
Hey, y'all I'm back.
Thought you've seen the last of me. Sorry it took so long. But I am working on a chapter rn and I'm trying to get it done tonight.
So yeah, I'll upload two chapters tonight. Be patient for the next chapter.
Love you guys, hope you enjoy~