An Encounter in the Storm (嵐の出会い, Arashi no Deai)

(A/N If there is a change to how some things are written it is because of the manga. Kurta or Kurata, Jin or Gin or Ging will change passed off the manga and how it is written, thank you)

Hunter: A term designating people who are ready to risk their lives to find rare and precious objects, Only people who pass the severe Exam can obtain this title. Some say that only 1 out of 10,000 people pass.

No. 002 An Encounter in the Storm

It was time for Jun to escape his home, Whale Island. It wasn't as though he wasn't grateful for his Aunt and his little brother. No, be absolutely love them, he would even kill for them if he had to. He was never one for violence but wouldn't bat an eye if he saw someone get killed. It was one of his flaws, his lack of compassion and care for others.

Once he went onto the boat with his younger brother he felt slightly accomplished, he would be able to leave Whale Island without any regrets. He wasn't sure if he was going to survive the Hunter Exams, but he was sure as hell going to make sure his brother would. Jun knew that he wanted to become an amazing Hunter, even if he never cared much for his father that he hardly knew. His lack of parental figures beside his Aunt was probably another factor, never truly having a mother and father did that to you. That was his guess on why he was different than his brother with a pessimistic view on life instead of a happy and optimistic point.

Jun had looked around the large boat that was going to take them to their next destination and found mostly men, large older men to be precise. They looked like they were willing to kill to get to their goal, but they were only the beginning of the frightening characters he would meet during his journey. Jun continued to examine his surroundings. He was surrounded by nothing but blue for miles. It seemed to stretch on for an eternity and he was happy that he was never afraid of the ocean, he did after all live on an island. Though, a little water might not kill you, a lot definitely will.

"Jun!" Gon says and he looks over to his hyper younger brother, who seemed to be in his own little world.

"Yes?" Jun asked, snapping out of his inner thoughts and looked over kindly to his brother. He couldn't help but love his younger brother, no matter how strange he was.

"There's a storm coming!" He yells and Jun looks up towards the sky. There were dark clouds in the distance and you could see a dark shadow of rain and lightning, the storm would be here in 20 minutes.

"Alright." Jun says. "I'm going to head downstairs." He looks over to Jun as he descends the stairs leading away from the deck. "Are you coming?"

"No, I think I'll warn some people here!" He yells, waves away and runs to the next person. Gon was a confusing character, he acted so kind to everyone, even his enemies. Jun looks down at the stairs and sees a small door. He opens it and looks around. There were wasn't anyone else down there, but there were large, brown barrels filled with liquids, a few treasure chests, a hammock and a large desk. Jun takes a seat near the table and takes out a book from his bag and starts to read it.

As the time passes, more and more people start to flood the small room. There were a little over a hundred and only two (besides his brother) who interested him. There was a boy who looked about 16 or 17 years old. He has medium blond hair with brown eyes, he wore a blue tabard decorated with an orange-colored hem and a white full-body training suit underneath with shoes similar to periwinkle Chinese style flats. There was also a single, drop earring ornamented with a ruby in his left ear.

The other was a tall, manly-looking, fairly muscular young man with small brown eyes, black hair, and a spiked crew cut. He wore dark blue business suit, black shoes, and a pair of teashade sunglasses. Jun wasn't sure how old the man actually was, though he did seem to be considerable older than him, but not as old as the rest of the applicants.