-2-

Scattered parts of sunlight entered through the cracks of the curtain. The red-orange rays warmed my exposed back. I heard nothing but the feeble sound of a chorus of birds out our window. Their chanting awakened me, cracking open an eye slowly. I faced my boyfriend's closed eyes. Grinning, I observed his features up close. Lines of glares were covering his forehead yet was in a deep slumber. Down to his eyes were the familiar dark circles of his. Perfectly rounded small nose in the center. My eyes trailed further down his face. I caught his pulp lips parted. The same innocent ones that made love to me yesterday. 

I noticed how the blanket made no support covering the upper half of his body, showing off his muscular body. I've glanced on the bite marks and scratches I left on his chest down to his stomach. I bit my lip recalling last night's activities. It was a night that shall remain in my memory forever. 

I pulled the draped blanket over my bare lanky body. I snugged between mellow sheets as the cold breeze passed through my dangly legs. My head shot up hearing the heavy voice of his. "Morning." I scanned through his smirking face. His soft eyes revealed themselves and were all over me. I felt Sang's palms around my waist as he pulled me closer to his bare chest.  "Good Morning," I replied, mirroring his smile. 

It was soft and light above as we continued smiling. Sangwoo ran his fingers along my rib cage, tickling me along the way. With the other hand, he had it above my shaggy black hair. Caressing it and petting it with every giggle I produced. It was a nice rhythm until he removed both hands and left me isolated in the bed. "W-Where are you going?" I asked in a desperate tone. My eyes followed Sangwoo. The dirty blonde reached over at the counter to ensnare his clothes. He slipped on his shirt above his head. "Remember the job promotion I talked about." 

I nodded. "The one at the Square Shopping Center."

The Korean adult bent his legs, fitting them into the two holes of his jeans. Then, he secured his denim jeans with his belt around his waist. "I'm hoping to be accepted, so we can finally rent out of this old junk of a house." Next, kneeled down, tying his laces.

He continued. "We deserve to live in a neat place for a couple like us." 

Sangwoo glanced at me as he finished dressing. He placed a reassuring smile on his face. "I'll be back around late afternoon." I frowned at his statement. I rested my chin against my chest. Sangwoo's legs carried him across to me. He knelt down. Sangwoo slipped his finger under my chin. "Come on now, don't frown. I'll bring good news when I come back, alright baby." He observed my poutful lips before sinking his own lips to mine. Sang leaned away from the kiss and left the house. 

My head sunk into my pillow for a couple of minutes before changing and heading out to the kitchen. The clock which hung from the wall ticked by the second. I turned to spot the current time. It read 9:38 AM. A yawn escaped through my thin lips under my palm. I effortlessly dragged my body to the sink. My hand twisted the faucet open as water rushed in. Compelling my dry hand to contact with the liquid. I flinched at the frigid touch. Gathering both palms I washed my sleepy face off. Before drying my face with a towel I turned the faucet off. 

My mind notated on what to prepare for today's breakfast. I remembered the leftover of Jjigae that one of the neighbors left was buried in the depth of the refrigerator. Adding a sprinkle of rice on top would create an appetizing breakfast. 

I was proud of my display. A small bowl of Jjigae and side dishes of rice along side with banchan. The aroma of the broth wafted my nose. Closing my eyes I inhaled the strong scent of the vegetable Jjigae. I ensnared my chopsticks and spoon. Placing my spoon underneath my chopstick I ate and slurped the Korean dish. I experimented with the types of banchan on my table. I sacrificed half of my Jjigae for Sangwoo. I'd know he'll enjoy it as much I do now.