Chapter 16: Chains

Start from the beginning

“Daisy, I’m gonna get under the bed, you need to take my shirt of and close the door. Try to hear me through our mind link, they’ve severed most of the links but ours may still stand since we’re not directly connected” He lay down on the floor and slid under the bed with strange grace. It took me a second to register his instructions before i ran to the door and gently pushed the door closed, the quiet click of a lock sounded and I ripped the shirt of and tucked it under the bed before sitting in front of the bed, masking Masons smell as best as I could.

Closing my eyes, I pictured Masons face and spoke quietly in my head, calling his name. “I can hear you DD.” He replied gently to me. Well at least I’ll have the voice of a friend in my head when I’m being ripped to pieces by a power hungry she wolf.

The footsteps grew nearer, sounding in my ears like one of those snazzy alarm clocks that get louder if you don’t pull your ass out of bed.

I got your back. My wolf soothed into my head. Esmeralda, I thought. My mother had always been my rock right up until she died. That’s what I’d call my wolf because right now, I needed my mother more than anything.

A key pushed into the door and the room was once again flushed with white light. In stepped a man standing at around 6 ft 1 with a big build and tattooed arms. His face was hidden by a pair of large sunglasses but I could still make out his dark tan and 5’o;clock stubble. “Get up.” He snarled, growling deeply. He wasn’t an Alpha or that high up in any hierarchy so technically I shouldn’t have listened to him, but I did due to Masons comments in my head.

I stood slowly, covering my naked body from his wondering eyes. You just wait till Harley get free, then you won’t have any eyes to wonder with!

He forced his cold hand on my back and pushed me forwards through the door before slamming it behind him. The man’s firm exterior was pushed into my side as he shamelessly guided me down the overly lit corridor. White tiles, red walls and high hanging chandeliers made up the long isle in front of me.

Music vibrated through the air- Wait music? I looked up to the man who was smirking in delight at how obviously uncomfortable I was in his arms. Why on Gods earth were they playing music this loud if they were planning to chuck me into an arena to fight to the death? That’s just sadistic!

We carried on walking down the overly long corridor until a pair of large oak doors came into sight. As we neared the dark doors, the music grew load and arrogant, this situation really did ruin a perfectly good tune. I looked down sorrowfully at my hands. I never did really like my hands, although seeing them in this light, they looked pretty nice. Note to self: If we ever get out of this, wear green more often.

“Dont be afraid DD, you can do this.”  Mason soothed, caressing my thoughts and calming the flames of fear in my eyes.

Filling my lungs with air, my senses caught the minty and masculine scent of Harley. A pained growl filled the corridor, making my knees buckle and eyes water. What were they doing to him? The tanned man pushed his large hand against one of the oak doors and with some force it opened, revealing a darkened room that was lit up by a line of red lights that hung above what looked like a catwalk. There must have been at least 100 or more seats filled with people cheering and drinking, throwing things on the platform.

And then I saw in, chained by his ankle in the middle of the raised platform was Harley. Wearing nothing but a pair of jeans and blood. Everywhere I looked on the once white floor of the catwalk was blood, Harley was covered, it was dripping from his mouth and a small gash on his shoulder.

His eyes were dark and cold, bloodthirsty and ready to attack, then they gazed into mine. He saw straight through the hard exterior I had tried to put forward and looked straight at the sadness and fear that was pooling out of my eyes. He growled and pulled at the thick metal chains in an attempt to get to me.