"Someone needs to get slayed," Izzy said looking away from her older brother.

"Alec's right. Now Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

"Well, why did he help our mom take away my memories. Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary asked Hodge.

"Yes. one of the best. But 'help' might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic." Hodge told Clary.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything," Jace said sitting down next to Alec. Clary turned from where she sat on the table to look at him as he spoke while Khloe learned on the edge of te table scanning the photos of Magnus.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them," Alec informed the group.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn--" Hodge began to speak until his rune began searing and burning. He grunted and turned around to lean on the table for support.

"Hodge your rune," Clary said causing Khloe to roll her eyes.

"You okay?" Khloe asked Hodge.

After a few seconds, he nodded and looked down.

"So how do we find Magnus?" Clary asked.

"We don't. Magnus finds us." Jace said. "We'll set up at meeting somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."

"And I know exactly where we do it," Izzy said standing from her seated position and grabbing the tablet from Hodge's hand and pulling up a poster for a rave.

Hodge chuckled as Jace said, "A Downworlder rave? Nice Izzy."

"And where did you get that?" Alec asked.

Izzy smiled looking away from her brother. "During my Survaliance of the Downworlders. From what I hear Magnus likes to party."

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him," Alec said.

"Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight."

"I don't know it seem--"

"Trust me." Izzy cut Clary off.

"She's right," Khloe said causing the Sandowhunters to look over at her. "I mean he was there on our Birthday." She looked over at her twin for a moment before looking back at Izzy. "And I'm willing to bet he'll be there again."

Clary looked down for a moment trying to recall the memory but her mind came blank and it was clear on her face.

"As we were running out we ran into someone." Khloe pressed.

Clary's face changes from a blank stare to a look of realization. "That's right!"

"See," Izzy said pointing at Khloe while looking in between Alec and Jace. "Khloe is smart she gets it."

The Shadowhunters at the table all shared glances. "If he's going to come out it's going to be for one of the biggest parties of the year," Izzy said.

"Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed." Hodge smiled. "Follow me," Hodge told the group.

Everyone stood from their spot and followed Hodge into a room. He ran his Stele over a rune on the ground and slid a lid off revealing a tiny storage space.

Hodge reached in and grabbed the item from storage and Khloe had to stand on her tippy toes to see past the group of Shadowhunters as she was at the back beside Alec.