"Get some rest." He said pulling the blanket over her body.

"Mhmm." Khloe hummed closing her eyes and cuddling into her pillow. Alec watched the girl for a second before making his way towards the door before stopping to look at the girl a moment longer.

He walked over to the girl and pressed his lips against her forehead before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him with thoughts of the strawberry blond never leaving his head.

***

Khloe's eye slowly fluttered open as her name was called out. Khloe groaned as she sat up and looked around her room her eyes landing on none other than Alec Lightwood sitting in the same spot as he was when he was comforting the girl a few hours ago.

"Yes?" She asked tiredly.

"We have a lead on your mother." Khloe's eye widened at the words that left his mouth. "Magnus Bane. He's a warlock. We think he might be the warlock that took your memories. You and Clary both had similar dreams."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Khloe asked throwing the blanket off her and jumping out of the bed.

She walked past Alec and towards the door.

"Khloe," Alec called out before she exited the room.

"Yeah?" She asked turning to face the Lightwood.

"Are you okay?" He asked the girl.

The strawberry blond swallowed thickly as she remembered last night's events. The pain she head felt last night was the worst pain she had ever felt. She had broken bones and hurt herself during her childhood. But the pain was a whole new level.

"I'm fine now." She looked down at her feet.

She wasn't fine. In fact, her head still really hurt. But she brushed it aside for the time being. She wanted to find her mother. That was her priority right now.

"Khloe," Alec said walking over to stand directly in front of her.

She didn't look up. She didn't meet his eyes. She looked at the floor hoping he wouldn't question her anymore.

"Hey, can you please look at me?" Alec asked softly.

Khloe hesitantly took a deep breath and tore her eyes away from the floor to his gaze. He placed his hands on both sides of her face gently.

"It's okay to not be okay." He told the strawberry blond.

Khloe wrapped her short arms around the lightwood boy. Alec didn't think twice about hugging her back pulling her closer.

"Thank you," Khloe whispered.

***

"Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old." Hodge said walking over to the group of Shadowhunters and pulling pictures of him up on the screen. "And as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

Khloe's eye scanned the warlock covered in glitter on the screen with a slight frown. This was definitely the warlock in her dreams but she had also seen him the night she and Clary turned eighteen.

"Looks like the downworlders David Guetta," Clary said.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder," Izzy said.

Khloe raised her eyebrows in Izzy direction.

Izzy nodded shrugging lightly. "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"

"Can you please focus?" Alec asked.