{2} "Who I Am Now"

[Flashback]

The cool air of the night soothes the burning ache that seemed to crawl over my body, a dull throb between my joints. I know as the moon rose higher and higher the shift would begin, and that the pain I felt now would pale in comparison to what is to come. Still, I squeeze my eyes shut and think over the life I'd lived so far. It wasn't a bad life, but it wasn't what I had hoped.

Chin quivering, slowly I open my eyes as the tears slip down the sides of my face and into my hair. In the back of my head I feel the thrum of the pack, a subtle sense of panic was felt through the bonds. I could feel Clair trying to contact me through the link but deepening my breath I buckle down my walls; perfect timing it seemed as it felt like my back broke, arching deeply. The clothes on my body suddenly seemed to feel like sandpaper on my skin so with desperate movements I ripped them off. The grass beneath me flattening from my wild movements.

I cried out rolling onto all fours, fingers digging into the Earth, my jaw aching before a low pop sounded and I could taste blood; running my tongue over my teeth I felt canines growing. My heartbeat picked up rapidly, eyes snapping around as my elbows buckled before the bones broke and reformed, my knees following the same process making me end up on my side, chest rising and falling rapidly. Soon the burning ache over my skin shifted to a blazing fire, whipping cries leave my mouth as fur begin to sprout, the sight gruesome as the first shift always was since it was a slow painful process. I then felt my face morph, but the pain in my body building up with every aspect of the shift finally was too much for me and so with a deep breath, my eyes fell shut and my mind went blank.

//\\//\\//\\

Waking up was an odd experience, it'd clearly been a few hours, but the odd part was I still lived. Breathing deeply I blinked twice before slowly shifting and getting onto all fours. From what my paws looked like I was a lighter shade of grey with white mixing in giving off a silver gleam underneath the moonlight. After a few stretches and wobbly steps I finally felt at home within my new body. I seemed to get used to the form just in time as I heard wolves approaching, as they were looking for her. Clair was closing in, and from the smell in the wind, so was Ryker.

A quick shake later, I located the bag I dropped and easily gripped the strap between my powerful jaws, and begin to jog towards the boarder. I stood on the edge, knowing if I made this decision I couldn't turn back. Leaving the territory didn't mean leaving the pack, however in the moment it was symbolic so with  slow steps I crossed the boarder, with ever step I released more bonds my heart on fire from the action until finally Clair, Ryker, and his father remained. I sent a final parting, and then I was free.

"I, Diana Sandalio, remove myself from Seghar Pack, therefore accepting the rank of Rogue."

//\\//\\//\\

I traveled for a long time, not leaving my wolf form as it was easier to travel in It. Still, I was careful to a void any pack barriers not wanting to be hunted down and taken out considering I was a Lone Wolf. Technically, I'd have a few years before my wolf side would begin to go mad, without a pack, officially making me a rogue. As a wolf needs the pack, without one they rot and turn poisonous; saliva of a rogue could be deadly for any other wolf. However, even with this information I didn't want to rush into a pack, but I also didn't want to wait till the last minute, meaning my search for a new pack had begun.

Months ticked by until I found a pack that had caught my eye. They were small however the power that emitted there was almost terrifying for a rogue. But something about it had me drawn there. So I hid amongst the humans in the nearby town, obviously in my human form, to hide my scent. Still with my outings near the territory, they were hot on my tail. I just never expected to be ambushed, which I guess was my own mistake.