Chapter 3

Stefan and I sat quietly. I had my head resting against his shoulder and he was gently stroking my hair.

The worries of Vampire life catching up to me. Where was I going to get a daylight ring? How would I supply my food? It was scary just to think about.

Suddenly a gush of wind blasted through the house, causing all of the doors to swing right open. I snapped out of my thoughts and stood up, as did Stefan. There was a whooshing noise behind us, then in front. Our heads were snapping around, trying to locate the source of the noise.

Stefan stood in front of me protectively. Had I not been shit scared, I would smile at his protectiveness.

"Hello, ladies," a cocky male voice sounded through the house. We both turned our heads to see Damon leaning against the door frame of the hallway.

He had an arrogant smirk plastered on his annoyingly attractive face.

"What do you want, Brother?" Stefan asked, holding onto me for safety.

"I'm incredibly sorry I killed you." Damon bypassed Stefan's questions and sauntered over to me. "I'm Damon, you are Corey, aren't you?"

I nodded quickly, trying to hide myself behind Stefan.

There was an awkward silence and thick tension and the gaze of neither brother left each other's face. Suddenly there was a soft knock at the door, and without the enhanced hearing we probably wouldn't have heard it.

Damon smirked, and vampire sped over to the door and opened it. Stefan still had his arm protectively around me as we saw Elena standing at the door.

Damon frowned and stared at her, probably thinking it was Katherine. Elena stared back at him for a second, before her eyes went to Stefan, then me and then the arm he had slithered around my waist.

"What are you doing here, Corey?" Elena hissed, "You didn't come home last night, what happened? Aunt Jenna is worried sick."

"Uhhhh...I was...." I tried to quickly think of an excuse but I had a mind block.

"She stayed here, we hung out and just fell asleep." Damon made up for me. I looked at him and he just winked at me, which made my heart flutter.

Elena just nodded, not knowing whether to believe him or not. As everything went quiet I could hear the noise of Elena's blood pumping, and her every heartbeat. I began to breathe heavily, and I could feel my eyes going red and my veins popping out.

Stefan saw and he quickly turned me around so Elena wouldn't see. He quietly told me to take deep breaths and calm down. I did as I was told and I felt my face returning to normal.

"We are going to stay here a bit longer, but I will drive Corey home later, is that okay?" Stefan politely asked Elena. "Come. I'll walk you to your car."

He held out his arm for her to take and lead her outside. I let out a big breath.

Damon flashed over to me and stroked my hair. We stared into each other's eyes, trying to figure one another out. Suddenly he grabbed me and sped us over to the wall, so my back was pressed against it and he was holding me there.

I stared to breathe heavily and he stroked my check gently. He leaned in slowly, staring at my lips.

"Why did you turn me?" I asked quietly, before he could kiss me.

"Because you are beautiful and I want you to be a beautiful bad-ass." He said, without hesitation.

I just nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat.

Thankfully at that moment Stefan came in and cleared his throat so Damon backed off from me.

"I, um, think that Corey should stay here a few nights. Or at least until you can control the urges. We will help." Stefan said, trying to break the tension.

"Oh, no, I can't do that. I don't want to intrude." I argued.

"You won't intrude, you can stay in my bed." Damon winked, being his usual cocky self.

Stefan just rolled his eyes. "Or she can pick a room, we have plenty." He said, defending me.

"We will see, okay?" both the boys just nodded. "I will never get Aunt Jenna to agree with this, though."

"Compulsion. Easy." Damon shrugged. I nodded slowly, I think it might be the only way. Jenna doesn't like me staying at guy's houses, especially ones she doesn't know.