I hit my boiling point and yelled at him with all I had. "Don't you dare bring that up! That was one mistake and you had to go and kill him for it!"

I saw the pure rage in Jeff's eyes spark and he yelled louder than ever. "I didn't kill that son of a bitch!"

"Then who did huh?! It damn sure wasn't one of the guys back at the mansion!"

"I-I don't really have any proof but-!"

"Oh that makes me believe you all the more, doesn't it?!" I said with sarcasm.

"Don't be sarcastic with me! This is your fault in the first place!"

"Okay, sure I started it, but you didn't have to go and make it worse by killing someone!"

"I DIDN'T KILL HIM!!!" He raised his voice even louder.

"THEN WHY ARE YOU BEING SO DEFENSIVE OF YOURSELF?!" I matched his volume.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE ACCUSING ME LIKE SOME PSYCHO BITCH!!!"

"YOU FUCKER!!!" I screamed and slapped him. He growled and swatted my hand away. I punched him and he yelled at me, "Quit it!"

"Not until I see your lying ass out of this car and rolling down the road!" I growled and punched him again. He gripped my hand and pushed it back but I kept persisting. He covered his face with his arms and I kept trying to maneuver past them. Just as I was about to hit him again, Jeff yelled, "Watch out!" and I felt the car hit something. I gasped and hit the brakes. The car skidded to a stop and I panted. "What did I hit?!" I shrieked.

"I don't know," Jeff said, still a little freaked out about it. I quickly exited the car and ran to the back to see what I had hit. I stopped in my tracks and covered my mouth. I had hit a wolf, and already had done so much damage.

The rib cage was protruding out of its sides and its legs were bent at odd angles. I retched and looked away. Jeff came around and gave the corpse a disgusted look. He cursed under his breath and muttered, "You need to pay more attention to the road."

"Now's not the time, Jeff!" I snapped and looked back down at the dead animal. What do we do with it? Do we just leave it out here to rot? God, it's so messy! I didn't want to leave it here in this state, but what more can I do? I sighed and rubbed my temples. Just then, that unnerving feeling kicked in and I felt like I was about to throw up. I still don't know why I'm feeling this way but it's annoying and nerve racking. I looked down at the corpse and watched as black blood pooled around it.

Wait.

Black blood...?

My knees nearly buckled as I realized something.

The wolf wasn't dead...

It's empty, now blood leaking eyes opened and it pounced. I screamed as it tackled me down and snapped its black ooze stained teeth at me. I quickly manifested my bracers and stabbed my blade into its chest. It whimpered and I threw it off. I got up and so did the wolf. I then noticed the black markings trailing along the areas of fur-less skin. I could clearly see the rest of its organs through the openings under the protruding ribcages and saw a half black heart beating and pulsing. It was corrupted.

The wolf came charging towards me and I jumped out of the way. I backed away from the wolf as it snarled and barked at me. I suddenly heard more growling accompany the noises and I turned to see another wolf....and another...

It was a whole pack. And they seemed pretty ravenous. One wolf was larger than the rest, it must be the alpha, and it howled a distorted cry. I turned around and yelled at Jeff, "Get back in the car!" I made a run for it but only managed to get so far, when a wolf came up and bit my pant leg, dragging me away from the car. I screamed and kicked it right in its face, causing it to whimper and growl. I got up and saw two more wolves come my way. I was preparing to attack them too, but they completely avoided me and went for something else. Jeff!