Cold Blood (pt 3)

Start from the beginning

The Doctor was staring at the floor. "Eldane, are you sure about this?"

Eldane nodded. "My priority is my race's survival. The Earth isn't ready for us to return yet."

"Ten minutes Doctor," Amy reminded him quietly.

"No..." The Doctor sighed. "But maybe it should be. So, here's a deal. Everybody listening!" He placed a hand on Eldane's shoulder momentarily. "Eldane, you activate shutdown. I'll amend the system, set your alarm for a thousand years time." He turned back to the group. "A thousand years to sort the planet out; to be ready. Pass it on. As legend, or prophecy, or religion, but somehow make it known. This planet is to be shared."

"Yeah. I get you," Elliot smiled.

The Doctor smiled back, snapping and pointing at him.

"Nine minutes, seven seconds." Amy clicked the watch.

The Doctor hopped back behind the controls, and everyone followed as he rambled on to himself, pressing buttons and flipping switches here and there. "Yes! Fluid controls, my favorite. Energy pulse. Timed, primed and set. Before we go, energy barricade. Need to cancel it out quickly."

"Fumigation pre-launching," Eldane confirmed, on a different control panel beside him.

"There's not much time for us to get from here to the surface, Doctor!" Rory panicked.

The Doctor only laughed. "Ah ha, super-squeaky bum time! Get ready to run for your lives. Now."

"But, the decontamination," I reminded the Doctor meekly, still somewhat afraid of myself.

He didn't glance at me, only straight to Tony, who was standing in the chamber, slouching. He struggled to walk out. "Well, go. All of you, go!"

"No, we're not leaving you here!" Ambrose protested, tears in her eyes.

"Granddad!" Elliot ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

"Eight minutes ten seconds," Amy reminded everyone.

Tony held his grandson in his arms. "Now you look after your mum. You mustn't blame her. She only did what she thought was right."

Elliott understood. "I'm not going to see you again, am I?"

"I'll be here, always." Tony put his hand over Elliot's heart, before hugging him again. "I love you, boy." He handed Elliott back to his mother. "You be sure he gets home safe."

Ambrose was crying now. "This is my fault!"

"No, I can't go back up there. I'd be a freak show. The technology down here's my only hope," Tony reasoned.

"I love you, dad," Ambrose cried, as her and her father embraced each other tightly.

"Come on," Mo pulled Ambrose away from Tony, and Nasreen had tears in her eyes as he walked back to the chamber.

Eldane placed his hand over a monitor button, and the system voice boomed throughout the city. "Toxic fumigation initiated. Return to cryo-chambers."

"They're going. We're clear," Amy announced, watching Restac's army outside the door leave through the security monitor.

The Doctor ran over to the doors and soniced them open. "Okay, everyone follow Nasreen. Look for a blue box. Get ready to run."

The Doctor walked up to Eldane and said earnestly, "I'm sorry."

"I thought for a moment, our race and the humans..." Eldane trailed sadly.

The Doctor nodded. "Yeah, me too."