{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [15]

Start from the beginning

My head snapped up though at her voice. I hadn't seen her come in with the other girls.

"I hope you don't mind. I thought I could make up for my rudeness yesterday."

"Oh Val it's ok."

"No it's not. It wasn't right for me to air Matt and I's problems at your celebration like that, and just so you know before someone else says we called off the wedding."

"Oh Val I'm so sorry. I'm sure you guys will work it out." I bit my lip hoping that my advice hadn't pushed Matt to make this decision.

"It's alright and really I don't think we will. We've grown apart these last years and it's not that we don't still care about one another it's just we want different things from our lives now. This we can't make work together anymore."

I noticed that MB had made himself scarce during this conversation no doubt not wanting to be put on the spot if Val started asking questions about anything that may have happened while they were on the road.

"Well we should be going. I mean I am ready to have some jeans again!"

The girls laughed and we all trouped out to Lindsay's car for the drive to the mall. It didn't take long only about twenty minutes and then we were all enthusatically hitting the stores. It turns out that Val's wanting a baby worked in my favor as she had already researched the maternity stores and found a few trendy ones for me to shop at. 

The first two were definitely more Val's style with lots of dressy things that I just wasn't looking for. I groaned and after an hour of looking in each with nothing to buy Val finally caved in a huff and took us to one that looked much more promising  for me. As soon as I walked into the store however my phone began to ring. After checking the Caller ID and seeing Johnny's name I sighed and hit the ignore button. I did this twice more before I finally answered.

"Is there something I can do for you Johnny?"

"I, uh, was just wondering what you would like for dinner?"

"I'm not coming home tonight Johnny. I need some  time away from the house and all the stress you are causing me."

"I know I was wrong and I'm sorry Sis. Just please come home I'm worried about you."

"I know you are Johnny and that's part of the problem. The baby and I are fine and we don't need someone constantly worried over us. You know I loved Jimmy so I don't see what's wrong with me finding comfort with his friends."

"There's nothing wrong with that, it's just some of their feelings may be more than friendly."

"Zacky and I already talked and he agrees that it's the wrong time to even consider talking about a relationship."

"Oh, uh, ok then."

"Is he really the only one you were worried about?"

"Yeah, I mean Matt has Val."

"Um yeah, you know we are shopping right now I kind of have to go," I was so not breaking that news to him.

"What? What did I say?"

"Nothing it's just we have been shopping for two hours with nothing to show and this store looks really promising. Plus I'm starting to get hungry so I would like to get some jeans before we head to lunch or I'm gonna be really bummed about how this shopping trip is going."

"Oh alright then," I thought I heard him mumble something about girls being weird to the dogs before he came back on the line. "I love you Sis I hope you know that I only try to do what's best for you."

"I know Johnny and as an adult sometimes I just need to show you how far you can cross the line, but I still love you Bro. No matter what." With that I hung up the phone.

"Your brother?" A nice older woman clerk asked me.

"Yeah, he worries a bit to much."

"Ah well, wait until it gets a bit farther along and I'm sure your husband will drive you even crazier. I know mine did."

My smile slipped a little bit. I could imagine how crazy Jimmy would have gotten towards the end of the pregnancy but now it was just going to be Johnny, and Matt, and Brian, and Zacky. I felt my lips  tug up in a smile. Who was I kidding it was still going to be crazy.

"I don't mean to pry dear but you didn't seem happy when I mentioned your husband," She said handing me a few pairs of jeans that looked similar to what I was wearing only a few sizes bigger.

"Oh I uh," I thought fast. She was older so she probably wouldn't be nearly as nice to me if I told her I wasn't married at all. "I'm actually a new widow."

"Oh that's terrible dear. I'm so sorry."

"Thank you."

"Such a horrible thing to have happen just when you were starting a family."

"Actually the baby was an accident. He or she is the only real sunshine in my life now if that make sense." I blushed telling a perfect stranger this.

"Of course it does. Children bring us more than just joy. They bring peace and hope to us as well. You'll have a piece of your husband with you always now."

"Thank you."

"Now why don't you go try these on and then we'll get your sisters to help find you some shirts."

I smiled at her before heading to the dressing rooms. The first couple pairs I tried on were just a little to tight. I found a couple that fit just right and one that looked like it was a size to big. As I was explaining this to the girls, Bea, the clerk came over to me.

"Ah well my advice deary would be to get the amount you want in the size that currently fits and then buy a pair or two in the next size up that way you have them when you need to go shopping again if you do. May I ask how far along you are?"

"Oh just about six or seven weeks."

"Really? You look much farther than that. Are you sure?"

"Um well that's what the doctor thought from the initial test. I go in this week for an ultrasound."

"Ah well I'm sure that everything will be explained then. We have maternity clothes that should get you through to the end and we also have some new baby things as well when you are ready to look."

"Thanks," I smiled at her. Val and the girls helped me pick out a few new tops to go with the jeans I bought and then we headed to the food court for lunch before they dropped me back off at MB's house.