"You know I'm right," Ethan sneered, gripping my wrists tightly and digging his fingernails into my skin, "Your dad worked his ass off to make sure you had everything, you and your mother. He did his best to make sure your life would be perfect, for you and your future generations. Your sister isn't going to be able to carry on your family name like you can, Nick. And just how the hell do you plan on going through with that whole generation thing when you're in love with a guy?!"

I felt like he'd punched me in the chest as I slumped in my seat. Ethan let go of me to sit back in his seat as I rubbed my wrists, gritting my teeth.

I hated it when he did this. Why did he have to mention him? I told him that it was taboo, and so did my mother, so why did Ethan think this was a good situation to mention him? This was why this whole thing was frustrating.

My mother seemed intent on getting me a girlfriend, even though I've had a million and none of them made me feel the way I do about Oliver.

Ethan was harping on me about Oliver and I had a sick feeling in my stomach whenever Ethan said his name.

Homecoming was coming up and everyone was counting on me to win the game, to make sure I kept our five year winning streak.

I had to hide my relationship from Oliver when all I wanted to do was just hold him and kiss him and just shout it to everyone that Oliver was mine.

I pressed the heels of my palms against my eyes, bringing my knees to my chest. I heard Ethan sigh and lean forward. I wanted to smack him away, push him out of the car, beat the crap out of him, but it was hard since all my control was going to my emotions. I had to keep a tight reign on them, otherwise, I won't be what he wanted me to be. I stared at my lap, squeezing my eyes shut every so often when I saw my vision blur. I finally looked up, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"He told me that if I fell in love, I fell in love, E. I can't help that he thought I was straight." I groaned miserably. Ethan stared at me.

"Wait, what?" He asked. I grimaced, then glared at him sharply.

"And if you tell anyone, I'll kill you." I threatened. Ethan looked horrified.

"You're kidding me, right? I was just joking before about you and... Oh my God, you're serious."

"Fucking right I'm serious. And if you ever threaten Oliver again, I'm going to make you sorry, Ethan. I like Oliver. A lot. More than a lot."

"Don't you dare say it."

"I love Oliver and if you have a problem with that, get out of my car and get out of my life. For good. And this time, I'm serious, Ethan. I love him enough to go against everything my parents wanted." I said at last, giving Ethan a hard stare. Ethan's eyes glinted with something I didn't recognize before he shifted uncomfortably, putting a hand in his hair as if he were trying to process everything.

"So... Let me get this straight. You're in love with Oliver Patterson. The kid you've been beating on since middle school. You're not going to get a girlfriend, you're not gonna have kids, you're not gonna have any sort of family after this, unless your sister decides to stop being a prude." He said slowly. I lifted a brow at the prude comment, but said nothing about it as I nodded slowly.

"Basically."

"Fan-fucking-tastic, Cooper. You've just bought yourself a one way ticket to Hell. Unfortunately, it's a one-way ticket."

"So long as I don't go there alone."

"So you'd drag Oliver down into this?"

"He won't let me go."