"No, Liam would never forgive me."

"Who says Liam has to know." She said. Lewis didn't do this often and he was desperate.

"Go on."

"well you know Liam has the biggest crush ever on Roan...?" She questioned. Lewis went wide eyed and luckily for him the dim light made the blushing difficult to see. How had he missed it? It was obvious.

"Yes." He lied. Hazel smiled.

"Well you know the poison competition games are going on. you could have it here."

"What would that do?"

"Well that way you would have a contestant." She said heading for the door. A light bulb turned on inside Lewis's head.

"Very true." He admitted.

"Use her and if she stays alive, she's worth keeping."

"what's this all to you."

"I don't want Liam to get soft plus she is no use to me." She said. Lewis raised an eyebrow suspiciously. She left the room and Lewis began thinking up a plan for Hazel's genius idea. Not that he would tell her this mind.

Darren stood Liam in the middle of the training room and got him to shut his eyes,

"This is a focus technique, you have to draw the Star Symbol on the floor just by using your mind." He said.

"What the whole thing?" Liam asked. Darren nodded. The Star Symbol went back decades as one of the Breathing Spirits most valuable and used signs. It meant success and with success you could achieve with pride. Darren handed Liam a book with the start symbol on it. It was quite complicated as it looked like a star of two triangles placed together, but inside every made section were words and little detailed drawings.

"You don't have to get it all to perfection, but I at least want the words."

"What?" Liam groaned.

"Just do it." Darren snapped. Liam took a good long looked at the picture and then watched Darren shut it.

"Ok." Liam shut his eyes and stood completely still. Slowly, lines began to burn into the floor. Line after line and soon a perfect star was made. Darren smiled at his progress. Liam then began to turn on the spot focusing on different sections. He had placed pretty much the right letters in five of the sections and there was one left. Darren was beaming now and then he noticed something change in Liam's concentration. The stairs little red glow faded and Liam opened his eyes.

"What are you doing? One section left Liam!" Darren complained.

"You try doing and thinking about..." Liam held back his tongue. "Something else at the same time."

"what were you thinking about all so suddenly?" He asked.

"Nothing." Liam mumbled.

"What Liam?" Darren asked.

"Nothing!" He shouted. "Look I just can't seem to get th...it out of my head right now." Liam stumbled over his words as he stepped out of his Star. Darren then got out a camera and took a picture of the symbol. He then stared at it and the star began to erase itself quicker then how it drew and soon it was completely gone. There was no trace of it at all.

"Well that was a waste of time." Liam said.

"Well if you weren't trying to drift your mind onto something else it wouldn't have been" Darren stated.

"It's hard Darren. It's really hard." Liam said heading to the door.

"Where are you going we haven't finished?" Darren questioned.

"We have." Liam said slamming the door behind him.

Roan sat down by the fire as the clock struck eight in the evening. She was drawing on her pad for school and thinking as she was doing it. She drew curved lines and pressed harder on the pencil, not knowing what she was doing. She was thinking about her parents. They were dead now, they had to be. She had no idea where they were, but if she did...well they would be back to normal again. Harold opened the door and stepped inside. He noticed Roan sat on the floor and walked over to her.

"That's very good Roan." He told her. Startled she looked up at him and looked back at her work. She had drawn a white tiger and flying over the top of it was an eagle. Her parents.

"Who are they then?" He asked.

"They are my parents animals." She explained.

"A tiger and an eagle?"

"No. A white tiger and a golden eagle. They are powerful creatures in everyone's eyes. But they weren't powerful enough. I miss them." Roan said.

"Well Roan you have us and especially Liam. HE cares about you Roan, use that to your advantage. Liam can bring you the safety you deserve. He can bring you happiness if you just let him."

"What do you mean by that?" Roan asked.

"You know what I mean." Harold said placing a glass of weakness next to her and then exiting through the door. Roan shook her head and looked back at her drawing. It did look good if she said so herself. The lines were perfect and the shading was excellent. Some lines were bolder then others and the eyes drew you in, like real animals. She had observed her parents from inside her head. She knew it had to be a gift. She just sat and stared at it for she didn't know how long until Liam came in.

"Hey Roan, are you ok?" He asked. Roan turned her head and looked at him. She nodded and faced her drawing again. Liam came over and sat down next to her.

"Your parents." He said. She nodded.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Apart from the fact its an amazing drawing? I can also read minds from time to time. Yours takes a lot to break through sometimes. You parents taught you well." He said.

"It was one of the only things they did teach me." She sighed.

"Well when we can we can try and get a bit of training for you, but we have to get Darren and my dad in a good mood first." Liam said. Roan agreed and picked up all her stuff to take back upstairs. She took one last look at the fire before leaving Liam on his own. He stared at Roan's untouched glass and it began to vibrate. The water splashed at the sides as it began to swirl around inside the glass. Liam blinked and it all stopped. He couldn't resist. He grabbed the glass and gulped it down before he knew what he was doing. When he had finished it he stared into the bottom and hoped she wouldn't come back down for it. He stood up and went to the kitchen where he put down the glass. Harold wasn't in there so he just went straight upstairs. He was tired anyway.

Lewis sat in his office looking at a whole load of letters the Breathing Spirit government had sent him. He was in trouble because the fourth hadn't been found and as not all three were over eighteen, he had the responsibility. He was chewing on the end of his black biro and just staring at the words, which were spinning around in his head. There was a loud knock on his door and Darren entered.

"Liam is distracted by something. I don't know what, but these last few days his training focus is lacking. He says something or someone is on his mind. Either he is worried about something or is just wanting to think about it." Darren said.

"Maybe he's just hungry." Lewis waved him away.

"No it's more then that. Whatever it is we need rid of it." Darren said.

"Just watch him. See if he lets it accidentally slip out, even if it is just a blush or a lie. One way or another you will figure it out. Right now I have some business to attend so please can I be left alone?" He asked. Darren nodded and silently left the room.