Music

I sat in the parlour along with Elizabeta and Roderich, completely bored out of my mind. They were both talking amongst each other, taking idle sips of wine. I had learned that Elizabeta had two sides to her: the sweet motherly side, and the wild, exited crazy-ass side. But all in all, she was actually a pretty nice person, apart from trying to force me into a dress.

Geez, I wish my iPod was here. That would probably cure my boredom. But sadly, I left it back at the hospital, on the table beside my bed.

I promptly stood up; I couldn't just sit here and do absolutely nothing. Personally, I'm not one to waste time. Well, unless I'm forced to of course (like when I had cancer and was confined to a bed 24/7).

Walking by the two adults, who were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't even notice me, I left the room.

Closing the door behind me, I made my way over to a different room. This was a huge castle-mansion after all, so why not take the opportunity to explore it?

I came across an interesting-looking door, a violet coloured one with music notes elegantly carved on the front. Gripping the knob, I turned it, and entered the room.

It was really big, with tiles that shone in the sunlight like gold, and columns everywhere. It was a ballroom, a beautiful one at that.

But what really caught my attention was the grand piano set up in one area in the room; right in front of a big glass window that took up the whole wall.

I approached the piano, and took a seat on the bench, resting my fingers on the keys. I smiled softly as a waterfall of memories washed over me.

Ah, the piano. My dad used to play all the time. Well, back when he and my mom were still together.

I still remember a song he taught me, 'Moonlight Sonata', I think it's called.

I closed my eyes, my fingers moving on their own, playing the song instinctively.

It was the only song I actually knew how to play on the piano, and I could only play part of it, but each time I played, I played for my dad.

It was actually rather emotional, the way I played. But I do miss my dad after all, so it's only natural. My parents were divorced, you see. They divorced back when I was in 5th grade, four years ago. But it wasn't actually that bad; I stayed with my Dad on weekends and such. And he would occasionally visit me in the hospital as well.

I continued to play the song over and over again (I was quite rusty after all), that is, until I felt long, calloused fingers rest over mine.

Shocked, I whipped my head to the side, only to see Mr. High-and-Mighty himself sitting there, beside me. His eyes were focused on the piano keys as he guided my hand, silently correcting the notes.

We spent the next half an hour practicing the song, Roderich playing it first, and me copying him after.

I was strangely silent the entire time.

And I wondered, maybe it was because he reminded me strongly of my father. But a brown-haired, purple eyed version of my father, since my dad was blonde.

It was weird, but comforting in a strange sort of way.

When we were finally done, Roderich glanced at me from the corner of his eye, standing up from the bench. He then suddenly grabbed my hands, examining them.

"Just as I thought, you have the hands of a piano player," he stated, with a nod of his head.

"Um...thanks?" I answered, slightly confused.

"You are rather good at playing the piano. A bit mediocre, but still good. Are you Austrian?" Roderich asked me suddenly.

"Yeah I am. Kinda," I told the slightly taller man, averting my eyes. Damn, his staring was intense.

The brunet nodded in response, slightly smirking. "Of course you are. Austrians all always the ones with the talent," Roderich said, though it was hard to tell who he was complimenting....me, or himself.

"...You're a shallow one, aren't you," I noted bluntly, as I followed the man out of the room.

"Why, but I am merely stating the truth, my dear," Roderich said with a wave of his hand. "I'm nowhere near shallow."

Ha. Liar.

"Keep telling yourself that, dude, keep telling yourself that," I replied airily, patting Roderich's shoulder as I walked by him.

All I got in response was an incredulous pair of violent eyes staring back at me, watching me as I promptly entered the kitchen.

"...Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go get me some chow."

All that piano playing sure makes one hungry.

xxXxx

Andy, Andy, Andy. All you ever care about is food lol xD

So this chap is a bit deeper, not really, but it sort of hints at Andy's past. And yes, her parents are divorced.

VOTE + COMMENT PLEASE!!! OwO IF YOU DO, THEN YOULL GET SOME GOOD OL AUSTRIAN TEA AND BISCUITS~!!!! (Or just the biscuits xD Whatever floats your boat.)

xxx

chilichapstick