Nightmare

I yanked my eyes open as I forced myself to sit up, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. My body was soaked with sweat, and my face flushed.

I was terrified.

My eyes, wide and alert, scanned the the room. It was pitch black, apart from faint rays of moonlight that leaked through the cracks in the curtain.

Feeling a slight chill, I looked over to the the foot of the bed only to realize that I had kicked off the covers, said covers laying in a bundle on the floor.

Shivering, I leaned over and picked them up, wrapping the blankets around me. I don't know what possessed me, but instead of going back to bed, I stood up, and walked over to the door, my socked feet padding the ground.

I then wrapped my pale fingers around the doorknob, creaking it open.

I felt scared, really scared, but despite that, I still entered the seemingly endless hallway, searching blindly for a certain room. When I found it, I allowed myself in, walking up to the king-sized bed.

A familiar figure sat up, asking me in a gentle, yet tired voice. "Andy..? What are you doing up?"

I blinked sleepily, dragging myself over to the side of the bed. "I had a nightmare," I replied, half-asleep.

The figure bobbed its head, nodding. "You can sleep here if you want," it offered, patting the empty spot beside it.

Not even questioning, I climbed up, my eyes drooping tiredly. I then lay beside the figure; warm heat radiating onto my cold body. Comfortable, I snuggled into the bed, shutting my eyes closed. "G'night, mum," I mumbled, drifting off to sleep.

"Good night, bambino," the figure said in response, an amused smile on its face.

xxXxx

Here's a short little chappie for you guys as a treat; don't worry, I'll upload one that's longer later on this week ;)

And OMG I NEARLY HAVE 100 VOTES!!!! Can we do it? :D

Comment + vote please!

xxx

chilichapstick