Chapter 9 - Officially

Robin

It's been weeks since I've heard from my blonde beauty. I know I offered to give her time, and space but I didn't know she needed this much time.

I was starting to regret not even trying to contact her over the last few days but I felt like with everything that went down, she needed time to figure it out—and she would contact me eventually.

Day 21, and I still haven't heard from her. The ache in my chest was enough to know that this isn't how I wanted whatever was going on between us to end. I've only known Ashley for a few months, and she spent most of that time with my brother. But, she's made her mark on me. This crazy blonde had me feeling things I've never felt before.

I think about her constantly, stare at pictures of her all day. Simply put, I missed her but I just didn't know how to approach this situation.

The chiming of my iphone dragged me away from my pitiful train of thought.

"Hello," I groaned into the phone.

"Where the hell have you been?" Ellie barked on the other end. "I've been trying to reach you for ages. I need you in my office ASAP to go over these shots."

"Ellie—"

"No excuses. I'll expect you in an hour." The line disconnected.

I couldn't help but smile, missing my strange friend. After cleaning myself up and tossing out a million empty beer bottles, I got into my sleek, dark gray BMW. Over the last few days I made some serious lifestyle changes.

There was no more sleeping around. Not just because of Ashley, but because I didn't enjoy it anymore. Ashley has already been through hell, having found out that Ben had been cheating on her for god knows how long. She didn't need to go through that again, and I wanted her to feel secure in knowing I wasn't the woman who fucked around anymore. That is—if she ever becomes emotionally available.

About twenty minutes later I was pulling into Ellie's building. Everything was as I remembered it, even though I hadn't been here in over a month. There was a new receptionist, an older woman.

"Hello, can I help you?" She asked, eyeing me.

I frowned a little before responding, "No, I'm just going up to see Ellie."

Her eyes widened. "I'm sorry, what's your name?"

"Robin."

She scanned a small notebook before shrugging. "I don't see your name in her appointment book, Robin."

I was becoming awfully agitated.

"Trust me lady, she's expecting me."

"You don't know how many times I hear that. A lot of young beautiful women come through here hoping they'd get to meet Ellie. I'm sorry but it's not happening."

"Call her." I said simply.

The woman dialed Ellie's number on the phone, "The line is busy."

"Call her cell," I smirked.

"If you knew Ellie, you'd know no one has that number. Not even her parents." The woman said pointedly.

"Well, if you knew Ellie, you'd know that three persons have that number." I took out my phone, tapping on Ellie's name.

Placing the phone on loudspeaker, I walked closer to the receptionist whose eyes were wide open by now.

"ROBIN! Where the hell are you?!"