Chapter 23 - Will she wake up? | The surrender of hospital

Chapter 23 | Mahmood's POV

'If the sleeping beauty needed a kiss from her true love, the prince, would I do so, if I were in her place?'

I shut the book and place it on the table. The book. It contains many many secrets behind the niqabi that I first lay eyes on. Behind that cheerful, beauty face of her, she's many feelings that one truly can't feel. She's too perfect. Too perfect to even be describe as perfect. I still have no idea why she chose me as her husband, but I sure am one lucky guy to have her.

"You don't need a kiss to wake up. Even a thousand kisses from me won't be equal as the huge love I have for you."I stroke her soft, cold cheeks. It's been two weeks. Gosh, two weeks since I last hear her voice, laugh, grumbles, gripes. It feels like it's been a century ago. But it's actually been only two weeks. Yet I feel this huge longing inside me that I just can't resist.

Will she wake up though? My subconscious adds, which make me feel worst.

"If you will wake up, I swear I'll buy you all the chocolates you want."I suddenly chuckle at the memory of her, pouting and grumbling in a store while we were shopping, when she had those pregnancy craves.

"I promise I'll allow you to place Alisha and Aliyha in between our bed, and not in their room. Anytime. I..miss you."I break-down. The tears flow down my cheeks, and I can't help myself from pressing my forhead to hers, remembering the memories we had together. Tears, laughs, yells, troubles, sorrows. All were shared together, through one year and a half of our marriage.

"I need you to revive, and make new memories. Muhammad's gone now. Everyone's back to their roles. We'll have a happy life, Aish. I promise you that, and I won't disappoint you, ever again..."My thumb press on the back of her hand, which is cold by now. I have no idea whether it's because of the temperature, or it really is a sign of one.

I need to see her once again, even if it's only for a minute, I need her back.

"You know what? I know you're happy right now, and I know you want to go, but please... Come back, just for a second? I miss you, and I ... always."My tears fall down on her cheeks. My eyes go wide as I see her finger, slowly, moving. Even though it's only a single movement, it kind of gives me hope about her survival.

"Doctor! Doctor!"I press the button to call them and within seconds, they are in the room. I have to sit out, apparently.

"Mr. Mahmood."Minutes later, a doctor calls my name out.

"Yes?"she faces the floor.

"Please follow me."She gestures to the room beside the inpatient room.

I take a seat on one of the chairs, before she finally speaks up, "We have tried every possible way to make her stay alive. And yes, she is still alive. But the chances of her getting up is really less. It's barely countable. On behalf of the hospital, we want to say a deep sorry. We have to remove all the machines. She's hopeless to live, sir."I chuckle.

"Doctor, I paid well enough money and trust on you! How can you just have to remove all the machines? She will live doctor! And there is hope in everyone! You are a doctor, you need to be an optimist! You have to save her, you have to!"I can feel my veins becoming prominent as I shout loudly at her.

"Reem, is everything alright?"A nurse comes into the room. The doctor gestures her to go out with a nod and hand gesture.

"Sir, I know that I am a doctor. I know that I am responsible of my patients and I have to be optimist. But again, I am a human, just like everyone else. My job is only to help the patients. I can't elongate their lives, or make them back to life. It's all fate. I said she might survive. But the possibility is a bit."she emphasizes the words. I clench my fists.

"How many money do you want?! Thousands? Millions? Billions? Tell out! Speak out! Everything, anything! Tell me, just please save her... save her..."My knees bring me down on to the floor.

"Sir, we don't need money. This is all we can do. We can't try harder to make her live. Even if we can, it'd only be for a second, or maybe not. I'm sorry sir, we surrender."She walks out of the room. I stand up and walk back to the room. The nurses are preparing to remove all the machines. But with one movement, I push them all away, and hold Aisha tightly to my chest.

"You have to wake up! Wake up! You have to wake up, AISHA!"I scream as loud as I can. Doctors and my parents burst in the room, trying to stop me, but they can never stop me. And they will never stop me!

"You can't stop me! Get out! I said get out! She will wake up! You're all stupid to think that she'll not! She's strong, and she will!"I shake Aisha's shoulders, my face buried on the crook of her neck.

"Mahmood..."I feel a slight tap on my shoulder.

"Abi, please. She will wake up."I say through grit teeth.

"Okay son, we'll have another week for her. Or else, we have to let her go son. There's no use in elongating life when it's time to go, my dear. Even Ummi Khadija has surrender, and she's willing to let her go. It's all for the best. If she has to go, she has to. You can't stop her."Ummi's voice is slow and meeker than usual. A slight sob escapes her mouth, but she quickly covers it.

"I'll pay five thousand riyals today, this minute, if you'll give all of the best medical treatment you have. And if you need more, I'm ready to give out everything I have for her survival."Money isn't something I always want. As long as she'll be fine, losing my wealth won't matter.

"We'll try, sir."The same doctor, Reem, replies slowly.

And I hope you'll wake up soon...

(Assalamu'alaikum! Fiuh, what a dramatic and emotional chapter here haha xD

I'm soooo sorry for updating alte :/ I have tonsils and fever etc, so I didn't have time to update, but today, I decided to spare sometime to write and I did. haha :)

Now, I hope you're all fine and enjoy~

Have a nice day

May God bless you all)