Chapter 22 - That stupid woman

Chapter 22 | Mahmood POV

"Aisha! Aisha!"I yell, my whole body weakens as I stare at her on my arms, gradually sinking into unconsciousness.

"Argh!"My fist joins with one of Muhammad's gang's chest, who hit Aisha. He falls to the ground and then my foot collides with his hip bone.

"Don't you dare come near my family again, bastard!"I hover over him and my foot hits his hip bone continuously, until someone pulls me.

"Mahmood! Stop, you're killing him."At once, I thought it's Aisha. But it's no other than ahmed, Aisha's cousin.

"Well, it's better if he does!"I snap back. Not caring how rude and harsh the words sound.

"No! Think about Aisha! She will be more than disappointed of you."That wakes me up. I stand up and kick the guy for the last time, before wiping my mouth.

"Call the police."I demand Ahmed. He nods his head and calls the nearest police station immediately.

After a while, the police and ambulance sirens are hear through the whole neighbourhood. It finally reaches and the police men quickly go away with Muhammad and his gang. All hand cuff. They all shoot daggers at me, but the last one knows well to not to mess up with me.

I walk in to the ambulance with Aisha on my arms, carry in bridal style. While Ahmed carries the twins.

"Thank you Ahmed."I speak, shaking his hand.

"No worries. I'm sorry fo what has happened earlier."I nod my head. We sit in the ambulance for some time, with an awkward silence, until a police comes up to me to talk.

"Sir, on behalf of the Al-Hazeera police station, we thank you for helping us to stop the criminalities that those men have done. They've caused huge troubles to the people of this state."

"You're welcome. It's the least I can do. And please justify to what punishment they deserve."I request.

"We will do our best sir, thank you."He replies and walks back away.

"What did he say?" I shrug.

"He's gonna punish them with a justified punishment, according to the judge of course."I sit back down in the ambulance.

"Right. Anyhow, we have to get to the hospital with our cars, since this ambulance have less space. But the twins are fine, so we can take them with us."I nod.

...

Waiting out of the ER with Ahmed and the babies feel more than worse because my heart is throbbing hardly and I can tell it's pumping blood abnormally.

I mean, how can I just not? Aisha's in because of me. This whole mess is all because of me. I should've known from the start to not to marry Aisha because I can only cause troubles for her. I seem so worthless and different than her.

She's so righteous and pious, while I'm the wreck guy, a broken glass that can't be fix. I..I don't deserve her. She doesn't deserve me, the messed up guy. Yet she's trying still, to change me.

A tear rolls down my cheek as I remember the time when she repeated the imam's words on our wedding day. When a tear rolled down her cheek as the labour process successfully done. When she first held the babies in her arms.

There are too much sweet memories that still remain fresh on my mind. Too much to reminisce. But I keep on reminiscing, praying to Allah to give the best fate for all of us. If this' how everything end, I leave it all behind to The Most Knowing. And if this' not the end, let the memories cherish this moment.

The babies cry out of nowhere and my heart pumps severely, as if it's about to jump out of the rib cage. It feels like the cardiac muscles are stretching too much that my heart almost feel like dying.

"Mr. Mahmood?"I stand up and hand the babies to Ahmed.

"H-how is my wife?"I tangle my fingers together, biting my lower lip to wait for the doctor's reply.

"Mr. Mahmood. I can safely say that there is bad and good news."The elderly doctor pats my shoulder.

"What is it?"My curiosity over-boils inside me.

"The good news is that, she is helped, Alhamdulillah.. But the bad news is... she's in a coma."My heart ache everytime I remember why this happen. Me! I'm all to blame on. Why'd you come to the place, Aisha?! I tug my hair furiously while the tears roll down my cheek.

"I'm sorry."The doctor's wrinkles are prominent as he frowns sadly at me and enters back in. I sit back down and wipe my face. I hate myself. So much. I hate myself for causing this. For making her suffer coma. For bothering everyone. And she, she's too stupid to come and save me. She could just stay home and I could bring back the babies. But she's a bull-headed woman. That woman, who's too stupid to trust people and always put herself on trouble before other people. But that stupid woman, is my heart. That stupid woman, is the one that I love. That stupid woman, I love her most...

(Salaam! I know it's very late update and short chapter. I'm sorry people, I'm sorry! I promise next chapter will be happy one, or might be not. :3 Btw How are you?

First, I want to thank the whole people who are still waiting for my updates and still read, vote and comment up till now. Who still support me. I love you all, very much.

Secondly, this chapter is dedicated to @Riz123456789, because her comment was sweet and very supporting. I thank you a lot for still wanting to catch up with this story :)

Last, but not least, PLEASE don't forget to pray for my report card. I honestly think this time my hard work doesn't payback. But always think positive :) Anyways, I have to end this A/N beause if not, I'll rant a lot here.. haha :P

Salaam!

Have a nice day! (Thank you all, my sisters!))