How To Start A Story:

Inspired song no.1:
SHAKE IT OFF - Florence & the Machine

~

So the first section I'm going to type or talk or rant about is how to start a story: now what most people do is sit down at their iPad, laptop, phone or whatever and stare at a blank page... don't do that. (Note: I'm not saying anyone actually stares at a blank page i just didn't know how to start this...)

Personally, I find my best stories pop into my head randomly, like I'll be watching a movie or reading something and I'll just suddenly focus on a particular detail like if it's a location or someone's name or how a particular character acts; I'll be like oh sh*t that could be a good story. But it's only if I "plan" or "imagine" the whole story in my head in about a split second then I usually write it down. (The story usually changes itself when I actually write them though.)

So, how does one start a story? Look for inspiration and don't force yourself to do anything.

If you try and force a story line - it won't work and your readers will notice the difference between your inspired work and your forced work. And if you're just starting out - it won't flow and people won't take an interest.

BE INTERESTED IN YOUR OWN SH*T!

DONT WRITE FOR AN AUDIENCE. WRITE FOR YOU AND THE RIGHT AUDIENCE WILL CATCH ON!

But honestly, if you want to write about Southern American rain forests and mix that in to a JB or whoever else you stan story - do it!!! Put your excitement into words and the WRITE people will find your work and enjoy it and be exited about it with you! (did you see my pun though... 😂😭)

LET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOW, PEOPLE! DON'T BE A SELL OUT BEFORE YOU'VE EVEN CREATED YOUR PRODUCT! YOU ARE AN ARTIST !

.... okay, I'm calm.

Another thing I'd like to point out very quickly, if a story line inspires you - don't use that as your inspiration because you will quietly find yourself copying it.

Because (this is my opinion) internally your mind knows how the story will pan out and without really meaning to - details and such will start to appear and align themselves in a certain way and suddenly you might get an angry author on your ass (I know because I've been that b*tch ... sorry to any of you I've pulled a knife on, I'm crazy.)

((((But you can't blame me because I've read about four stories that are the exact same to mine BUTTHISISNTTHEPOINTIMMAKING))))🗣🗣

Anyway, the point I'm making is that particular story lines have already been made, created, changed, edited, dusted off, polished and published by other people.

If you want a story line that stands out: be different, add a detail no one else has, make your characters REAL and crazy!!!! Make them have a strange favourite food or set the venue somewhere other than Los Angeles, Miami or rainy New York.

I'm look at every single one of you. (Even myself)

That's right I went there

Another thing too,

When you're starting up your story, make sure you get the first chapter 19027485% correct. First impression is everything.

Your first chapter might be your best chapter. It might be the only chapter you want to write because you know the rest will suck but it doesn't matter! First chapters must slay!

Think of it this way, when you go to buy a book - you either read the blurb or the first couple of pages (at least I do) if I'm not interested IN THE FIRST LINE I won't bother. Be the b*tch that makes someone turn the page like: "HOOOO GIRL, YES THIS IS LIT!!! SHOOK!!!"

Find a new and interesting way to start your book: in the middle of a fight? In the middle of sex? Half way through a scene so that people will be like yo what's going on? *reads on excitedly*

I have made the mistake and fortunately gotten away with it by starting off with introductions. Like; "hi my name is- and I'm - " no no no no no no no. No. NO. 

No one cares who you character is, they haven't had a chance to connect with this fictional individual - let your readers see into their exciting lives before you start to introduce them - then they'll be interested in who this amazing person is. You get me???

I find the best intros are ones that almost look like they've started half way through the story... when it's cut straight to the interesting bit or when you feel like it's building up to something amazing.... there are so many scenarios that could happen!!!

but honestly... at the end of the day and please read carefully:

Your mind, how your creative process works and the ideas you have are YOURS. No one is like you, so make sure your book is not like anyone else but you.

But to sum up;

1) let the inspiration find you.
2) don't force yourself to write anything : won't work.
3)be interested in your own writing! You're an artist!
4)the WRTIE (😂) audience will find you, write for yourself - not for anyone else.
5) BE DIFFERENT
6) BE YOURSELF
7) BE FABULOUS AT IT.
8) HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR OWN WORK BUT DON'T BE COCKY.
9) First impressions are everything!
10) make your book as unique as your DNA!

More tips and tricks will be coming soon! Stay tuned! And thanks for reading

- sienna xoxo
Twitter: @siennaisa