Chapter 2: Happy Birthday to ME

I woke up with a smile on my face, it was my birthday. The joy of the moment soon faded when I realized where I was. The door banged open, startling me. He walked up to me with a smirk on his face.

"Come here Sweet Pea."

He began kissing up my neck. On hand clasped around my left breast and the other tightly gripping my neck. I fought the urge to struggle, knowing that if I didn't co-operate he wouldn't be gentle. He pulled me out of the bed and pushed me against the wall, I could feel his morning erection against my lower abdomen. He moved his hands to take off my shorts and I groaned.

"Don't groan at me Maddie. You know it just turns me on even more!"

The was a soft knock on the door.

"WHAT?"

"Sorry to interrupt Mr Avery, but there is a phone call for you in your office. It's Mr Broadford, he says its important."

"I'm going to kill the bastard for bugging me. Madeline go to the studio and start running the routine."

With that he stormed out of her room, shouting expletive words down the corridor. I sank down to the ground and began to cry. The old maid walked in and cooed at me. I was grateful for the interruption; I didn't want to be so exposed on my birthday.

"I hear a rumour that the cops have started looking for you again, have hope dearie."

"They gave up last time and I have no doubt they will give up again."

Suddenly three gun shots went off. I got to my feet and ran to the door. People were shouting in the living room, I heard voices approaching, I ran back to my room and locked the door.

It was hours later when I heard someone try to open the door, when they realized it was locked they knocked furiously.

"Madeline Avery, are you in there? Please open the door. I'm special agent Taylor, I'm with the FBI."

I began to cry and rushed to open the door. I struggled to unlock the door, the key got stuck more often than not. I pulled the door open and launched myself into the agent's arms.

"You are gonna be okay now Miss Avery. I'm just going to take you to the station to give a statement, your parents will meet us there. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes that is fine, but please call me Maddie''

Agent Taylor took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders as he lead me out of the house and into his car. He allowed me to sit in front, so that I could see where we were going. He called it the comfort technique, by allowing me to have a clear visual of where we were going he would make me trust him and feel comfortable.

*****

We arrived at the station, I noticed my father's Bentley parked in the parking lot. Agent Taylor opened the car door and the station door for me, I would have felt like a VIP, but I knew it was just for my protection.

"Your father is waiting inside. You can leave after you give your statement."

I nodded and proceeded into the station, I spotted her father immediately, his salt and pepper hair dishevelled and his blue eyes searching the room for his daughter.

"Maddie!"

I ran up to my father and hugged him. His face had changed in the last year since I had seen him, his once bold brown eyes were now dull and tired, his forehead full of frown lines that never used to exist.

"My baby, are you okay? Look at you, you're a bag of bones!"

"I'm okay Dad, really I'm fine"

My dad pulled me into his chest and hugged me tight.

"Sorry I don't mean to interrupt, but I'm sure Maddie would like to get home, so I would suggest we get the statement out of the way?" Agent Taylor spoke softly, compassion evident in his eyes and voice. Maddie nodded and followed him into room, like the ones you see on TV when the bad guy gets interrogated by the police.

"Don't worry, the only reason we are in here is to give you some privacy. Now is it fine if I take your statement or would you like a female agent to step in instead? And would you like your father to be in the room?"

"I have stuff to say that I would rather not have my father hear. And can I please rather relay my statement on to a female agent, nothing against you Agent Taylor, I appreciate everything you have done for me but likewise there are things that it would be hard for me to tell a gentleman like yourself."

Agent Taylor nodded and smiled at me before leaving the room. A couple minutes later a beautiful blonde woman entered the room. She looked young, probably not much older than me. She smiled at me before sitting down across from me and handed me a bottle of water.

"Hi Maddie, I'm Agent Zia Taylor. I'm going to be taking your statement."

Zia Taylor? As in Agent Taylor? Are they family? I don't see a ring.

I opened the bottle of water and took a large sip.

"Well it all started last year at my dance exposition..."

--------------------

Thank you for reading!

Please like and let me know what you think :)