Almost

Come on Lucille man up, he apologized to you.  It's only fair if you apologize as well, besides you were being totally inconsiderate towards his feelings.

I was mentally prepping myself to go apologize to Alec for what happened earlier.

I need to stop prying myself into his past, it obviously hurt him a lot and he doesn't want to reopen old wounds. Okay I need to go before I chicken out. 

I nodded at my reflection in the mirror and left my room, walking down the hall with quick hurried steps I turned into the hallway where his office is. Just as I entered the hallway the door opened and he came out. Freezing at the same time we looked at each other.

"Look I know you probably don't want to hear this. But I'm sorry okay. I over stepped a line when I tried forcing you to tell me about your past. I was inconsiderate and rude. I'm sorry that I didn't respect your decision like you respected mine. It's just I'm really not used to having any strong and stable relationships with people since I grew up alone. I don't really always know how to handle certain situations and I'm sorry" I ranted and only stopped when he was nearly arm lenght away.

Watching me he didn't respond, he's doing it again not answering or saying anything.

"I just ranted for five minutes how I'm sorry and you're doing the not responding thing again. I'm sorry okay" I huffed and he leaned against the wall again.

"Let's make a deal Lucille" he said slowly and I swallowed.

"What kind of deal?"

"You get to ask three questions and I'll answer them but I get one pass and the same goes for me I get three questions and you answer them"

"Okay but only one pass?" I asked.

"Only one"

"Hmm...How- how long were you with her romantically? I'm sorry I-"

"Three years but we met when we were 14, found out we were mates when we were 16 and started dating then she left when I was 19. So I've knew her for five years and was in a relationship with her for three of those five years" he explained.

"That's a long time"

"Yeah my turn, what did you mean you grew up alone?" He asked.

"Oh that. Well my parents weren't really parents they were just adults living in the same house as me. They were never home, they never gave me attention. When I was a toddler I used to shout blue murder for my parents but they never came. When I was eight I stopped crying for them at night. When I was ten I stopped caring and by eleven I was used to my own company. You know they used to forget my birthday and then give me this huge ridiculous gift to make up for it and I just sold it again. I didn't want expensive gifts I wanted a smile or a greeting or a hug. I don't think my parents have ever hugged me" I said my eyes blurring a bit.

Suddenly I was pressed into a chest and arms were wrapped around me in a warm comforting way.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"It's okay" I chuckled sadly.

"Its not, nobody deserves to grow up that way"

"Yeah so anyway...uhm how long have you been Alpha?" I changing the topic and I could sense the question took him off guard.

"Uh five years since I was eighteen"

"Oh is eighteen like when you're seen as an adult?"

"Yeah" he nodded. We were still hugging each other but I didn't mind and it seemed neither did he.