"Marcus's Backstory."

The next morning, you opened your eyes to the sweet smell of f/b (favorite breakfast). You sat up in bed and stretched, rubbing your tired eyes awake. You walked into the kitchen, to see that Marcus had made breakfast: per usual.

He looked back at you and grinned. "Morning, sunshine."

You smiled sleepily. "Morning, Marcus." Your voice was raspy from sleep. "That smells really good."

"I made your favorite. I figured only the best for a big day," he sprinkled the finishing touches on the meal and slid it your way.

You took a bite and moaned in delight. "This is sooo good, Mar. Thank you," you shoveled more food into your mouth as he chuckled.

"I'm glad you like it, Y/N. You're gonna need a hearty start to face the challenges ahead," he said strongly.

You looked up, unamused. "You sound like a heroic anime character. All you need is the perfect pose and you're good." He laughed and came up to you, kissing your head. "You do! Don't kiss my head like I'm being ridiculous. I know that kiss when I feel it!"

"It's not a 'ridiculous' kiss. It's a 'you're right' kiss," he rubbed your shoulders a bit.

"Oh."

"Your thinking too much this early. Just eat your breakfast," he commanded.

"You don't have to tell me twice!"

At Finn's treehouse

"Ugh! She's not answering her phone!" Finn groaned, flopping onto the couch in defeat. He had called your phone thrice, but unbeknownst to him, you were eating breakfast with your boyfriend.

"Finn, maybe she's busy with something. You know Y/N gets calls out of the blue sometimes-" Jake started but was cut off by the buzz of Finn's phone.

"Hello? Y/N?!?" Finn picked up frantically.

He heard the other end of the line sigh heavily. "No, I wish. It's me, PB."

"And Marceline!" Called a faint voice.

"And Marceline," Bonnie interpreted the voice.

"Oh. What's up, Princess?" Finn asked.

"Have you gotten any word from Y/N lately? People have been trying to get to her, but apparently it keeps going to voice mail. The hospitals have gotten serious waves of people because of her absence. Do you happen to know anything? Anything at all?" Finn's eyes started watering with tears at the sound of your name.

Jake - who had been listening over Finn's shoulder the entire time - took the phone and sighed. "Hey, Bubblegum," he spoke.

"Oh! Hello, Jake," she greeted. Jake walked a little ways away from the boy on the couch and towards the window. "What happened?"

"It's a long story. I'll try to sum it up for you," he began the revised version of what happened to you and Finn. The talk, the fight, the after effect; everything.

In the end, he could hear Bonnie suck in her breath and a faint drawn out "damn" from Marceline. "Oh geez, is Finn okay?"

Jake took a quick side glance at the boy, who now had his head in his hands. "Do you honestly want the truth?"

"Yikes, he's taking this really hard, isn't he?"

"It's like Flame Princess's break-up plus getting over you, all mashed up into one big ball of depression and devastation," he described.