A Different Kind of Mission

A/N: Marathon owns Totally Spies.  I do not, as you may have expected.

Jerry's House, Interior

Jerry, seated in his recliner, sips his cup of tea.

"Hello, good to meet you. Hmm? Oh, you'd like to hear a story? Usually WOOHP matters are classified, but I'll make an exception for you," Jerry states.

"After all, by this point you might be familiar with just about every mission the girls have been on."

Jerry looks away thoughtfully for a moment, then resumes, "Bringing villains to justice, despite sometimes incredible odds... but I have a different kind of story for you. One technically without a mission at all."

Los Angeles, WOOHP HQ Lounge

The girls had finished their weekly combat training to stay in practice, despite the lack of missions in quite a while since Versailles. They decided to have a seat and rehydrate in the WOOHP Lounge, a large, simple, yet stylish cafe on the second floor.

"Seriously?" Clover inquired, looking at Alex with concern.

"Yeah," Alex replied confidently. "Even though we haven't done this before, I really think I should."

Sam considered for a bit, smiled, then gave Alex a shoulder hug. "Be careful though. It's tough to trust them. I can't remember ever hearing of one of our villains having a change of heart."

Alex stood up, nodded and waved as she left "I will. See ya back here in a bit. Thanks for waiting. And the advice!" As she strode off to the Containment Facility, Alex thought back to a week ago.

Jerry's Office (one week ago):

After the weekly workout, Alex stopped into Jerry's office with Sam and Clover. Jerry looked up,a bit surprised. "Hello, girls. Good workout? What brings you here?"

"Um..." Alex haltingly started "Jer, is it OK if I visit a prisoner?"

"Really? That all depends on who, my dear." The wizened leader continued, "Prisoners are divided into four classes, from One to Four. Class Ones are rare; their crimes are less severe. Typically without a criminal history, not considered dangerous, unlikely to escape or return to crime. Most fall into Class Two and Three, meaning they possess many of those traits, and have attempted to eliminate you girls".

Jerry's look hardened in thought, "Class Fours are those who live for revenge, particularly against you three, myself and WOOHP. Seemingly incapable of being reformed. The LAMOS are notable examples. I strongly advise against a visit to such people".

"Oh yeah, totally. I just wanted to visit my former professor, Feline Dion," Alex explained.

Jerry typed on his keyboard to bring up her data and responded, "A rare Class One. She's one of the only villains I can recall who didn't try to eliminate you three." He looked up from his monitor with interest. "She's been one of the best-behaved prisoners we've had to date, but may use her former ties to you for some sort of manipulation. I'll schedule you in for after your workout next week, but please do use caution, Alex," Jerry informed her.

Alex nodded with a serious expression, then lightened up with an enthusiastic, "Thanks Jer!"

Please comment, vote, and spread the word if you enjoyed this. Thank you!