Chapter 3

Los Angeles, WOOHP HQ Lounge

Sam and Clover were seated at a table near the entrance, sipping cups of tea and going over homework for the class the three girls had agreed to take together this semester, Criminology 101.

Fashion design had been Clover's turn previously, a subject they all enjoyed. They'd had a good teacher, made friends with classmates, and took an unforgettable trip to Versailles, which also ended up being a vital mission.

Criminology was Sam's choice this semester. Though it was less fun, Clover and Alex agreed because it was quite practical for understanding and dealing with criminals as spies, and helped fulfill course requirements for eventual graduation.

Spotting Alex enter, the other girls quickly gathered up their belongings and stood to leave. After a quick stop at a nearby restroom, they left the Lounge.

"Hey! So, how'd it go?" Clover inquired as they exited the building.

"Really well. I'm so glad I did it. Oh, thanks for waiting!" Alex smiled as they reached Clover's sporty car in the parking lot and started the long drive back to Mali-U.

"No prob," Started Sam from the back seat. "Let's hear all the details!"

Mali_U Parking Lot

Clover shut down the car, and the girls exited, then walked briskly back to the dorm penthouse.

"Quite a story, but I'm still not sure. Things like this have a way of turning around in a bad way, unfortunately," Sam mused.

Clover nodded in agreement, concerned.

"I know, but...if we can't open our hearts to trust someone...It, just doesn't seem right," Alex spoke haltingly. Feline never wanted to be a criminal, hurt us, or others. She just made a bad choice with that serum, and... anyway...Since she's getting out on good behavior soon..." Alex said hopefully.

"Yeah, we'll wish her well on her release day. And, I'll consider that visit to Muffy," Clover eyed Alex with a slight frown. "She mind controlled me and tried to beat you guys up with her brainwashed buddies. That was worse than Feline's hairball and yarn attack. But... most villains are a lot more ruthless. I forgive her," Clover concluded as they reached their front door and Clover unlocked it.

"Her crimes were a bit more serious, but let's hope for the best, girls," Alex threw her arms around the shoulders of her two friends, and both smiled. With the long break in missions, maybe this was a new sort of calling for them. To reach out to those they had a rough past with. Those mired in regret, but perhaps ready to be forgiven and change for the better.

Jerry's House, Interior

Jerry set down his empty teacup after a final sip. "I do hope you enjoyed the story," he stated pleasantly. "I don't receive visitors often, but you're welcome to drop in again. Just give a call when you wish," Jerry rises from his seat and sees you to the door. "Ta ta for now. Safe travels," Jerry smiles.

Please comment, vote, and spread the word if you enjoyed this. Thank you!