I nodded and side-stepped his advance.

"That's fine. I'll go now"

He seemed disappointed.

"Would you like something to eat? We should really talk this through"

"We don't need to talk about anything Alpha," I sneered "I get it. Lots of alphas sleep around. I won't tell anybody. You don't owe me anything"

His frown mirrored my defensiveness, causing him to stop abruptly.

"I don't know what the hell is going through your head right now but whatever it is could you knock it the fuck off? I don't know what you think happened but I -"

"I know exactly what happened!" I leaned down to grab my boots from the night before. This felt exactly like a walk of shame, though I didn't really remember when or why I lost my clothes. "You got what you wanted and passed out. I fully understand everything thank you very much"

"What?"

He seemed confused now. I looked at him, wanting him to say something but hoping he didn't. I didn't know how much there really was for him to say. I didn't want to hear an apology. It's not like he had forced me to do anything.

"Edith," his voice was shakier this time, "I don't...I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. Look, please just hear me out. Can we....fuck. Do you... what do you...ugh,"

"Do I remember what happened?" I prompted.

He swallowed thickly.

"You had been complaining about a release for a while now. You got one. Can we move on?"

Before he had the chance to speak again, his bedroom doors were pushed open without any warning. In a flurry there were three men in the doorway. In the front was a skinny one, greeting the two of us with a smug grin. I could see the panic from Donovan's only guardsmen. To be fair, he seemed outnumbered. Skinny prick had two men at his flanks, standing there silently and looking distant.

"What in the fuck are you doing here?" Donovan was angry now. Furious. He stepped towards them, slightly blocking my view of them. "How dare you come into my home,"

Skinny prick glanced my way and offered a toothy smile that did not comfort me at all. He brought his hands in almost a praying position.

"So sorry for the interruption. I didn't mean to...distract your company,"

Skinny prick was very close to having his head ripped off. I had no idea who he was. I had never seen him before in my life. However, I could tell that Donovan did know him.

"You better take a step back before I send you home screaming," Donovan warned.

Skinny prick's flank stepped up beside him. The guard was halfway into a lunge when Donovan raised his hand, stopping him in his tracks.

"You have thirty seconds to explain that the fuck you're doing in my home before I kill you myself"

"Is that a threat?" The flank asked.

"Oh please," skinny prick rolled his eyes dramatically, "We're good friends, really. Donovan here is just flustered because of the current state of his...company"

Skinny prick was staring me up and down, not knowing that he was really putting himself on the line here. I stepped forwards for myself and was shot a look of death. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly at my Alpha. He and I both knew I wasn't one to back down from a fight.