~ Faithfully ~

Description: Cas feels extremely open when around you.

Word Count: 1085

Warnings: light smut

Song: Faithfully By Journey

~ Highway run, into the midnight sun. Wheels go round and round, you're on my mind ~

From the moment Castiel saw her, he felt a pang of something unfamiliar in his chest. He was not used to human emotion but it was almost immediate. Every single time he'd seen you after that, he'd feel it. When he appeared in your shared hotel room (with Dean and Sam) with Uriel, he looked to Dean and Sam with a stern face, warning them about what they're getting themselves into with the witch but when he looked at you, it was like you were Harry Potter in the Weasley household (sorry for the Harry Potter reference).

It was like you could do no wrong. "(Y/N), how are you doing?' He'd asked generously and you'd blush and smile, slightly confused. "Fine, Castiel, how have you been?" You asked. Uriel hit his shoulder in confusion and Dean and Sam turned to you with confusion on their faces as well but you just shrugged.

"I'm sorry, anyway," he'd continue about the witch and so on.

~ Restless hearts sleep alone tonight, sendin' all my love along the wire ~

After the whole apocalypse, you couldn't stop yourself from thinking about Cas. I mean, sure, you thought about him during the apocalypse but you could never act on your thoughts then, you were all going through too much.

With Cas staying at the bunker now, you saw him almost every day and although Sam and Dean were simply used to it, Castiel continued to be sweet towards you, thanking you for everything you did which Sam and Dean sometimes forgot about and always asking to help, anything to be around you.

Soon, he'd stay up at night (since he can't sleep), and think about you being alone at night and he couldn't stand it so he'd start sneaking into your room at night and in the morning when you'd ask about it, he'd just reply with, "I got lonely and bored and I wanted to make sure you were sleeping okay," and you'd just giggle and probably fall back asleep.

~ they say that the road ain't no place to start a family, right down the line it's been you and me ~

When you found out you were pregnant, it was a shock to everyone. You and Cas hadn't officially started dating yet and yet one of those nights just led to the both of you spilling your guts, about literally everything and the emotions were running high.

You cried in the bathroom for at least an hour, thinking, "it's a Nephilim, I have to get an abortion," but after hearing your longing for him, Cas walked right in and held you. "We're not giving this baby up, it's ours. Doesn't matter what it is, it's ours," he whispered in your ear, arms tight around you.

After the baby's birth, you were all much happier about the decision. Dean and Sam practically shunned you two for the longest time after giving you the, "you realize how stupid this is?" Lecture until of course they saw baby Daniel Novak. Danny weighed only six pounds and when you first held him, your worries washed away, you had no cares in the world except for him.

He was an angel.

~ Oh girl, you stand by me, I'm forever yours, faithfully ~

No matter what decisions he made, you stood by Cas.

When Dean was practically beyond forgiving him after taking the angel tablet and loosing it to Crowley, Dean gave Cas the cold shoulder and Sam didn't really talk to him much either but he was so happy to learn that you didn't care.

"Cas, I don't think you understand, none of this is your fault. You wanted to protect it and you lost it but you only intended to protect it. I think no matter what that is the most important thing," you'd said to him one night after hearing him talk on and on about how upset Dean was with him.

"Cas, I'm never going to stop loving you, no matter what you do," you'd said and kissed the corner of his lips.

~ Wondering Where I am, lost without you ~

When Cas was away for long periods of time, he was miserable. Constantly thinking about you and his son. Wondering if you were sitting thinking about him too.

When he spent all that time in Purgatory, he looked into the water, thinking about you giggling when he'd kiss you with his stubble and he'd think about what you and the baby were currently doing.

Though Sam gave up after Dean and Cas were trapped in Purgatory, you constantly called to angels and demons. You knew the danger it was, with a Nephilim in the house but nobody knew unless they saw him in person so you had to hide him in the back room while you trapped them, interrogating them.

Nobody seemed to know exactly except for a certain demon who claimed that there was a possibility they were in Purgatory.

You talked to multiple people in attempts to find an entry into Purgatory but before you could, Dean arrived and you refused to talk to either of the brothers until you could see Cas.

After being brought back by Naomi, Cas was thrilled to see you, that was his first stop, he took a couple buses all the way to the apartment you were staying at and didn't leave your sight for a week, reluctant to even leave the house with you and the baby.

~ And being apart ain't easy on this love affair, two strangers learn to fall in love again, I get the joy of rediscovering you ~

Upon returning from Purgatory, you didn't leave the bedroom for... a while. He'd dreamed about the day he'd come back to you for almost a year and here it was and he was living it. It was exactly how he'd dreamt, only better. His hands roaming all over your skin made you so glad to have him back, and to know he's okay.

Part of you got extremely emotional during that day. When he came back, you cried but the whole rest of the day, you tried keeping it hidden for his sake.

What he loved most was that he got the gift of coming back to you and releasing all of the things he knew before, what made you come undone. He was able to make you fall in love with him again that day.

~ I'm forever yours, faithfully ~