43. [Finale]

Melanie Stephen

I went out to check the mailbox later on the next day, and started to flip through the junk mail until I reached a Manila envelope from the hospital with what I think is the DNA test results. I've been waiting for the results and I'm honestly scared. What if Miles isn't the father? What if it's Jayceon and honestly Jayceon is a really great guy, but I'm gonna feel bad if Miles isn't Nari's father.

I decided to wait to open the letter until Miles got home from work so then we both can be able to discuss plans if the results are out of our reach. I walked back inside the house to see Bridget and Jules chopping it up with Nari sleeping in her swing.

"So I got the results back today." I say as I took the seat in between them.

"*gasps* Okay and what did they say? Who's Nari's daddy?" Bridge asked while she sipped on her red wine.

"I don't know I haven't opened it up yet I'm gonna wait for Miles to get here, I'm so freakin' scared you guys."

"Babes whatever happens, whatever the results say, I'm pretty sure it won't decide the fait of your relationship between Miles and you or You with Jayceon. Explain to me why you even left Jayceon ass alone?"

I sigh as I popped a piece of chocolate in my mouth and began to chew. "Because I want to make things right with Miles. You just don't know what he does to me and let's not forget that he proposed to me. You think I'm ready to leave him now?"

They both were silent and I rolled my eyes. Everyone seems to think that I'm stupid for going back to him, but they don't know him like how I do. They think that he's gonna go back to doing the same thing that he did before and I honestly don't think he would after he poured his heart out to me. He's being completely honest with me this time at least that's what I feel.

"I know that you're not. I know how much you love him Melanie, but honestly what if he does the same thing again. Then what? You left Jayceon alone all to come back here and experience the same thing over again."

"Yeah Jules but he won't. I know that he won't. I have enough faith to know and I'm also going with my gut." I respond as I sip on my coffee. It's been months since I've last drank coffee since I've heard it's unhealthy to drink it while pregnant so guess who was getting pink drinks almost everyday to cope with the withdrawal 🙃.

Judging by Jules face she was disappointed in me, but I honestly don't even care because if I can recall I'm the one who's with Miles so if I decide to be with him then it's my decision I'm 25 so I'm well aware of the effects of my decisions by now.

"If he does then you know we're both here for you and Nari and I'm pretty sure Jayceon is too." Bridget said as she wrapped her hand around mine. I smiled up at her and softly patted her hand.

"I know that y'all are and that's why I love you both." I cheesed and pulled them into a hug.

"Well I think Jules and I should get going. Seems like she wants to take me out on a date tonight. She made reservations at this restaurant on peachtree."

These two? Going on a date? Finally Jules might just settle down and stop fucking with tom, dick, & harry.

"Aww so its official?"