Chapter 2

John's POV

I woke up at six thirty to shut off my alarm, and then the sound of typing filled the room. Tiredly glancing towards the other side of the dorm, I saw Alex in the same position I last saw him in last night. "Alex? Did you sleep at all last night?" He shook his head without glancing up. "Don't you have classes today?" A nod. "You really should get some sleep before then."

He finally looked up at me. "I can't. They start in fifteen minutes." And then he went back to writing. I sighed and got out of bed to get dressed for class.

And then I caught Alex staring at my shirtless body. Blushing madly, I quickly pulled on my shirt. The next time I looked at my roommate, he had gone back to writing with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. I couldn't help but smile a little bit at this beautiful boy in front of me before grabbing my backpack and heading towards my morning class.

(Time skip because I'm pretty sure no one wants to sit through a class right now)

Coming back into the dorm, I noticed that it was abandoned. He must be in class, I figured. I took this time to do a little bit of homework like a responsible person, but then I got bored and started texting my friends instead. Alexander came in about twenty minutes later.

"Hey Alex," I said. "How were classes?"

"Fine," was all he signed before grabbing his laptop again.

"No. You're not going to spend all day on that laptop."

"Of course I'm not. My next class is in an hour."

"Alex," I said, a warning tone in my voice, "put the laptop down before I take it away from you." He looked at me, surprised, before he slowly closed the laptop and set it aside. "Now was that so hard?" I asked. He nodded, which caused me to laugh a bit. "Come on," I said, standing up. "We're going to walk around for a bit."

"Why?" Alex signed.

"Because you can't spend your entire college experience sitting in front of a screen."

"I went out yesterday, though."

I sighed. "Alexander, you need to go out more than once a month."

"How did you know that's what my schedule is?"

"Because you just seem to work too much. Now come on. We're going for a walk now."

Alex sighed, but stood up, pulling on his hoodie before following me out of the dorm. We walked around the campus in silence for about forty five minutes before I realized that Alexander and I both had classes in fifteen minutes. I asked what class he had, and he checked his schedule. "History with Mr. Washington."

"Cool, me too. I'll show you the way." I lead him back to the dorms, where we quickly grabbed our things before rushing over to Washington's classroom, making it inside just as the bell rang. I took my seat just as our teacher walked in. Alex was still standing.

"Oh, you must be Alexander, correct?" Mr. Washington said when he saw Alex. When he nodded, Mr. Washington smiled. "I'm glad to have you in my class. You can sit down next to Mr. Burr, over there." Alex nodded again and took his seat. I saw Burr glance at Hamilton, but it wasn't a hateful glance like I would expect. Instead, it was more of a curious look. Before I could think much about it, though, class started. "So," Washington said, writing something down on the board. "The Battle of Yorktown. 1781."

We went on to learn about how Lin Manuel Miranda lead a sneak attack that ended up winning the war. He gave us a two page assignment that was to choose a key person in the Revolutionary War and write about what they did. I chose Anthony Ramos. I managed to get a quarter of the first page done before the dismissal bell rang. I packed up my things and walked over to Alex. "Come on, let's go," I told him, and he nodded, standing up. I glanced at Burr, and it looked like he wanted to say something but had decided against it. We walked out of the classroom and back to the dorm. "So who did you decide on?"