Chapter 30: Trackside

ابدأ من البداية

In the mean time Tom was looking at Seb in shock, then turned his head towards Keira and then looked back at Seb. 'You told me you didn't sleep with drivers!' he yelled at the top of his lungs.

Keira felt her heart drop to the floor and all the colour drained out of her face. He had not just shouted that and all the people definitely hadn't stopped walking and were now staring at them. She turned her head towards Seb to see what he was thinking and she could see he was utterly surprised by Tom. The shocked look on his face was something she hadn't seen much before and she didn't know what to say to him. This was definitely not what she had intended their first meeting to be, this was also not a subject to discuss with Seb at all and she could feel her face reddening.

Seb came to his senses again and a smile was back on his face. 'Nice to meet you then, Tom wasn't it?' he held out his hand.

Tom shook his hand while still looking like he had been struck by lightning. 'Hi,' he said shyly.

'By the way, I'm not sleeping with your friend,' he grinned and he looked sideways to meet Keira's eyes.

She gave him a small smile and took a deep breath. Luckily he had taken Tom's outburst very lightly and she hoped from now on everything would go smoothly.

'You're not?' Tom replied suspiciously.

'Definitely not,' Seb chuckled and he put his hands into his pockets. 'You must be Abby,' he said while turning to Abby who was lingering behind them.

'Nice to meet you,' she answered and her eyes were still glued to his face.

Keira could see that Abby finally understood what she had told her about Seb. She was also captured by his eyes and she could see her goggle when he smiled at her. She grinned, because it was not often that Abby was silenced by a guy.

'You didn't tell me he was this good looking,' she hissed at Keira while lowering her voice so that the boys couldn't hear her.

'I did, only you never wanted to believe me,' Keira hissed back and her eyes were still on Seb.

'What about a tour around the Red Bull garage?' Seb asked while pointing at the garage behind them. He jokingly put his hat on Keira's head and chuckled at her surprised face. 'Come on,' he gestured them to follow him.

They all followed him in silence, Tom and Abby too astonished to produce words. Keira was the only one who was able to communicate so she quickened her pace to walk next to Seb.

'You're timing was perfect,' she sighed. 'I was just telling him about you, but you interrupted me before I could explain,' she added with an accusing stare.

He shrugged his shoulders and grinned, while greeting some people inside the garage. 'I thought it was funny, don't worry,' he said while grabbing her hand briefly and letting go before anyone could notice.

Seb introduced them to several people and it seemed like they were only shaking hands, because new people kept suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Tom had finally been able to speak and talking to several mechanics had turned him into his old self again. The shock was wearing off and it had turned into excitement when the mechanics were showing them parts on the car. The mechanics and Seb included were all kind of surprised by the interest of the three of them. They were used to guests in the garage, but normally they weren't really interested in the car at all. Clearly they were enjoying finally being able to discuss the finer details of their job and the trio couldn't stop asking questions.

Keira was discussing brakes with the number one mechanic on Seb's car at the moment, but she followed Seb in the corner of her eye. He had explained that he had several commitments, but that he would catch up with them later. It was really fascinating to see him so concentrated and interacting with people, it was all so natural. With a lot of effort she tore her eyes away from Seb and focussed on her conversation again. It was great that they were all so willing to answer their questions and take time to explain things. The Red Bull guys and girls were a nice bunch and she could clearly understand why Seb liked the team so much. Although winning championships back to back with the team might had something to do with it as well.