Ding Dong . . . Dead?

Start from the beginning

"Do you know how fucking weird it is to hear that my sister and my best friend made out?" Oliver's voice was rising, "It's disgusting and just wrong. I said that because I didn't think you liked him all that much, Liv. And I know you still don't. He's just a summer fling that you'll be done with by August. So have your fun while it lasts." He stalked toward the door, ripping his thin sweatshirt from the coat rack and shaking his head as he glanced back at the two of us.

"And Liv?" I nodded, waiting for him to go on, "Just. . . none of these guys are worth it, not in the end. Make sure you know what the hell your doing before you dig yourself in deeper."

*

By one in the morning I had started to get sleepy, unlike Abel and Jeremy who were still watching the movies as if it were the middle of the day after eating an energy bar.

"Wow, Abe. Your nose is bleeding." I said, sitting up quickly. He reached up and touched the sticky red under his nose and cursed under his breath.

"It happens when it's hot." I nodded, remembering him telling me something about it earlier this year.

"I'll get the tissues." Jeremy ran down the hall as I reached over and turned the lamp on, my body sliding against Abel's lower stomach and thighs during the process. I felt warmth spread through my cheeks when I realized my position.

"Here." Jeremy handed the older boy the box of tissues.

"Thanks, Little Man." Jeremy nodded and watched as Abel brought the tissues to his nose and turned the movie back on. Everything stayed quiet for a while before the door bell rang about a half hour later, scaring the crap out of all three of us. Jeremy buried his head under the blanket, shaking his head.

"I'm not getting it." Abel said when I looked up at him. I sighed, pushing the blanket off of me and walking toward the door. I opened it slowly, cursing my parents for never fixing the peephole as I did so. I was relieved to find Adrian standing outside, but it quickly vanished when I saw my parents' Lexus pull up behind his Charger.

"Livvy." He said, smiling as he reached for my hand.

"What are you doing here, Dri? It's almost two in the morning." It wasn't until he shifted and the light hit his eyes that I realized how drunk and high he was.

"It doesn't look like I woke you." He took my arm and traced his finger along it, laughing, "What are you doing up so late?" I ripped my arm from his grip and reached for Abel's phone on the table beside me.

"Look, Adrian. I'll call you an Uber and talk to you tomorrow." He shook his head, pushing his way into the house as Mom and Dad unpacked their bags from the back of their car.

"Don't be silly, Liv. I want to spend the night here." He tried to grab at my waist, his lips curling up into a smile.

"Stop." I growled, a warning tone in my voice, "I'm calling. . ." He hit the phone out of my hand and pulled me closer to him, ignoring the fact that Abel and Jeremy were behind us and my parents were coming up the stairs and could see us clearly through the wide open front door.

"Don't be so feisty, Livvy. I know you want me, you always have." I tried to push him away, shaking my head.

"You're with Lena, get your fucking hands off of me!" I screamed, then kneed him in the groin as hard as I possibly could. He lifted his hand as if he were going to hit me, but someone grabbed his wrist and held it so tight I heard a snapping sound.

"Lay a hand on her and I'll break every single bone in your body." Oliver threatened, Abel a few feet behind him, ready to attack himself.

"You're such a little poser, Oliver. All you do is make everyone think you're something you're not." Adrian slurred, "You probably want to fuck Lena like he did every girl in high school." Abel walked around and stepped in front of before punching Adrian in the nose and sighing.

"Get out." My brother grabbed Adrian by the collar of his shirt and threw him out the door behind our parents, slamming the door in his face before he could say anything else.

"You okay?" Abel asked, checking my wrists for bruises. I nodded, seeing my parents eyes on us.

"Do any of you care to explain what just happened?" Mom asked, "And why in the world is your brother up this late watching horror movies?"

*

Mom and Dad forced Abel, Oliver, and me back into my room to watch the movies. Since they'd been on their business trip the last few weeks, they hadn't really known about the list, and when we had tried to explain it, they asked us to do it in the morning.

I didn't make it through the next movie. But Abel being the pain in the ass he is, kept poking me so I would stay awake. It wasn't until around six in the morning that I finally had enough and shut the laptop.

"Let's call that twenty-four hours." I grumbled, falling back on to the bed. Oliver had already passed out at the foot of the bed, snoring so loudly that we had barely been able to hear the movies.

"I'm not tired." He said, yawning. I gave him a look, grabbing my blanket from behind me and throwing it over myself. Abel sighed after a second and set the laptop on the nightstand beside us, falling back beside me.

"You lasted longer then I thought you would, if that's anything." He joked, pulling his shirt off and tossing it to the floor before laying down completely.

"Thanks. That really boosts my confidence." I responded sarcastically.

"Anytime, Liv. I'm here all night. . . or morning." He saluted me but left his hand against his forehead instead of putting it on the bed beside me.

I rolled over and shut my eyes, feeling Abel's hand take mine gently and brush his own fingers against my wrist.

"Why?" He finally whispered, obviously thinking I was asleep, "Why'd it have to be you?"

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! 

Any ideas on what Abel's comment at the end meant?

Let me hear them! 

~ChasingMadness24