Falter

"Homecoming?" You echo blushing heavily. Law smiles and nods.

"Yeah, you and me." He breathes taking your hand.

"O-Okay.... I'd like that...." You murmur shyly.

"Lame." Kid says loudly from the couch throwing popcorn at you both. Law gives the demon a glare while you blink at the popcorn.

"That's a waste of popcorn Kid." You scold.

"What popcorn?" He says innocently making them vanish.

"That's abuse of great power..." Law sighs.

"Says the guy with no power." Kid taunts. Law sighs in annoyance.

"We'll talk more later... See you." Law kisses your cheek before going out. You let out a sigh before turning on Kid with folded arms.

"Why must you do that?" You grumble. Kid swiftly gets up moving in front of you.

"Because he makes it easy... Now if I were in his shoes..." He smirks devilishly, picking you up by your thighs. He presses himself between your legs and puts your back against the wall. "I wouldn't give a damn." He rumbles. You blush heavily and glare at him.

"Kid... What are you doing...?" You question. He meets your gaze and frowns slightly.

"What's so special about him? We have more fun together...." He murmurs. You blink in surprise, was that a hint of sadness? It gave your heart a squeeze, making you frown and hug his neck.

"I... Don't know what to say... You know he's important to me Kid."

"Yeah... I know." He mutters, setting you down and resting his chin on your shoulder briefly before pulling back. "Sorry, that was impulse, its hard to control myself when it comes to you." He frowns slightly. You meet his gaze before offering a smile.

"Its okay, it really doesn't bother me... but..." You rub your cheek.

"I wont do it when he finally calls you his, but he hasn't, so I'll get as much as I can." He cups your cheek. You blink in surprise, heartbeat picking up, he was confessing wasn't he? But.... What were you going to do? You still really liked Law, but lately you only had your mind on Kid.

Your mind goes into a whirlwind then. You pull back and look to the side. "Im gonna take a bath." Maybe you could clear your head then.

"Alright.. I'm going to find you a dress then." He smirks.

"Oh boy..." You sweatdrop. He just chuckles and disappears. A smile comes to your lips and you go into your bathroom starting a bubble bath before slipping in. You sink in, closing your eyes. Your mind seemed to settle at least. A dance, you and Law. Before Kid came along it would've been like a dream come true, but now... It just didn't seem as exciting.

'What if it were Kid?' You blink and blush sinking deeper into the bubbles, the thought made you happy. Maybe you were falling for him- You shake your head, frowning heavily. It wouldn't work, and if it did, you'd be the only one growing old.

"Damn, there's too many bubbles." Kid's voice makes your eyes snap open, you look up to see him pouting slightly. You bubble and lift your head swiftly from the water.

"K-Kid!" You squeak.

"Hey, how's it going?" He squats next to the tub, watching your face in amusement. You blink, and shift.

"Just thinking... Did you already find a dress?" You ask.

"Thing is, I got there and thought it'd be so much better to see you try them all on." He smiles.

"All of them...?" You echo warily. He chuckles at that, gaze sweeping over the bubbles.

"Yeah, so after your bath, we'll be going shopping." He scoops up some bubbles and puts them on your face. "I want to take a bubble bath with you..."

"P-Please don't...." You blush heavily. He smiles devilishly at that, demon extremities coming out as he climbs into the tub with his clothes on. He settles in on top of you, nose brushing yours with a smirk.

"Red looks good on you." He breathes, tail swishing slightly. He leans forward lips brushing against yours. You start to stammer and try to move away, slipping under the water and bubbles in the process. Kid chuckles and pulls you up. "So cute."

"O-Out Kid!" You sputter, making him chuckle again.

"Hmm... Kiss me first." He smirks. You frown at him at that.

"Kid..." He just smiles back at you. "Promise." You sigh.

"I promise." He chuckles, tail wagging slightly. You huff and lean up, pecking his lips swiftly.

"Now go."

"Fine fine.... But hurry up." He says before disappearing.

"Im gonna kick your ass!" You burst as he laughs, holding his stomach.

"Y-You look like a pink marshmallow!" He wheezes, tears pricking his eyes. You glare at the demon, face red.

"Next!" You growl.

"H-Hold on! Hold on!" He chuckles before snapping his fingers. You pause and look in the mirror, eye twitching at the pink cone crown now on your head. "Such a pretty princess!" He laughs.

"Eustass!" You snap.

"Okay! Okay!" He breathes calming down. He snaps his fingers again, changing the dress into an Amish type dress. You deadpan at him.

"You're kidding right?" Your brow twitches. He shrugs slightly with a head tilt.

"I am Kid." He smirks and you roll your eyes. "Alright, not modest." He snaps his fingers again and you're in a very revealing dress. Kid gives a whistle and you punch him in the shoulder, blushing heavily.

"Youre despicable." You hiss.

"Im just having fun." He snickers. "But enough fooling around." He breathes before giving a nod. You pause before looking down at the new dress. It fit like a glove, such a lovely design and color.

"I.... Love it.... It's perfect..... Do you think he'll like it?" You ask turning about before looking at him. He watches you silently for a few moments before smiling.

"He's stupider than he looks if he doesn't." He responds. You smile back at him.

"Thank you Kid."

"..., Anytime beautiful."