FIN

HERA

I never stopped. I never stopped waiting for him.

I felt a tug on my heart. The mere mention of his name breaks me; an involuntary glance at his guitar makes me crumble. It's been years, when will I be able to move on?

Every single time I would see a blonde guy I would still think it's Bruce, although I know too well he isn't. And every single night I would wait for someone to knock on my bedroom window, hoping there would be someone to strum the guitar for me, but there was always none.

I stare at empty space, having nothing in mind. Nothing but Bruce Dalton.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring. At 3 p.m. in a Tuesday afternoon, who would dare?

I didn't see anyone when I checked. I checked the mailbox in case.

And there was a letter. I haven't received any personal letter in my whole existence, so this one's really peculiar.

I took it out, and noticed there was no return address. It freaked me out a little, who knows from who this might be.

I ripped the side off and hesitantly pulled the paper inside the envelope.

Hera,

The handwriting was somewhat familiar. I've seen it before. I just don't know where.

Have you stopped waiting yet?

I felt my throat go dry. There was only one potential person who would write this.

Because I sure haven't stopped fighting yet.

You see, I told you I would tell you everything when I get back. Unfortunately, I won't be able to. It's been years, I know. How many? 4, as much as I know. As much as I remember.

I sound vague again, don't I? It's been my nature, and maybe even though I would be forgetting everything about the world I wouldn't be able to remove that trait. It's like something I was tied to be since I was born. So, yeah. Sorry, I guess.

I hope college did well for you. I'm betting you're now a someone. A great someone. I am, Bruce. Thanks to you.

Remember that poem you saw when we first talked to each other? One heck of a poem, right? And I bet you didn't expect that from me. From Bruce Dalton.

You might have noticed that I'm currently obsessing over the word 'bet'. Again, I apologize. There are things I got used to here and eventually I had them in my system.

And speaking of my system...

The first time we've met, that was the day I found out about my sickness. It's something I didn't see coming. I even cursed everyone and everything I saw that day. It was a painful one for me, it was life changing. It made me look at the world differently because I knew that soon enough, I would forget it.

And I wrote a poem about how I feel. I vented it all out there. I shoved all the emotions I have in that poem until I felt nothing anymore.

Then you came.

Do you know how thankful I was? I was beyond happy, it was beyond ecstasy.

I have noticed you since freshman year. I'm afraid you didn't notice. It's perfectly fine.

So when we became friends, I tried to get closer to you more and more each day. I tried to crack the shell you were. But you were too hard, that I was afraid I might get disappointed with how you really were as a nut. Of whom you really like.

So I stopped. Guess we're better off friends than nothing.

But I got a lot worse. I thought it would be best if I admitted you how I feel, so I did. My mind was spinning that time, so I took it back. I didn't want to mess it up more than I have.

When I kissed you, I felt like having fireworks inside me. It was a feeling I can't explain! And you, Hera Stone, are the only person who can do that to me.

Hera...

I have Alzheimer's disease.

I can forget your name, our memories, and our love anytime.

And I figured that would give you much more pain than I already am.

Luckily enough, right now is one of the times I can remember.

And I remember not telling you enough how much I love you.

But I do.

I love too much, Hera. I love you that I didn't want to hurt you.

Know that always. I may forget but you might not. And all I want to do is to make you know and remember that you have my heart wholly. It's yours to keep.

I love you. And as much as I want to tell that to you in person, I won't be able to.

Don't look for me. Just consider me a great friend from the past who loves you dearly. Move on and love someone who would make you forget the pain I have caused.

With love,

Bruce Dalton

I can't cry. I refuse to believe the contents of the letter. I can't imagine and I don't want to.

But I'll try to move on, because someone asked me to.

There will be a long transition of changing things, but I'll do it. For Bruce. Always for him.