Chapter 2 ~seeing her broken~

Dom lay on the couch in his trailer. He couldn't find Kat that morning so he decided to wait for her to find him. He knew she would.. If she wanted to or not. As he was lost in his thought he heard his trailer door open and close before hearing her soft voice. "Dom?" He sat up and looked at her, really looked at her. There were tears in her eyes threatening to fall, her hair was hastily done as if she were in a rush, her clothes baggy and not at all like the clothes Kat normally wore. "Hey.. You alright." She shook her head and sat beside him. Dom wrapped his arms around her, feeling the tension that was laced thought her body against him. "What happened?" He asked. He felt as though it wasn't his business, he felt worse when Katherine broke out in tears in his arms. Stuttering through her words she finally told him, everything he'd done to her she told Dom. The only person she trusted with that information. Dom pressed a kiss to her forehead after she stopped crying. He couldn't believe what that man had done to his friend.. The girl he loved. "You have to tell the cops." Dom pulled back running his finger through her hair. "No.. I.. I'm scared Dom, what If Joel finds out I told you? He'll really hurt me then." Dom looked into her eyes and took a deep breath. "Katherine.. You need to realize that there's a man who loves you and he's been in front of you the whole time. A man who would never want to hurt you." Kat wiped her eyes and looked at him. "Who? If he loves me why hasn't he told me?" Dom smiled and took her hand in his. "I.." The door was pushed open and Sarah walked in. When she saw Kat's tear-stained cheeks she looked to Dom. "Tell her what you told me."

Kat told Sarah everything. All leading up to this morning when she'd told Dom. Sarah, having never really liked Kat, now felt bad for the redhead. "Dom is right, you need to tell the cops." Kat nodded and stood up, there was no way they wouldn't notice her limp. Dominic stood up and took her hand. "Let's tell McG too. He'll want to know what's wrong anyway when he sees your not acting like yourself." She nodded as they left sarah in the trailer alone. As they continued to set Kat stopped and looked at Dom. "Hey, what were you going to tell me? You started an Sarah came in." Dom looked down at her and turned to face her. "You asked why the guy who loves you never said he loved you. I was going to say.. " he cupped her face and put one hand on her waist, she winced from the pain of the bruise there but blushed as Dom leaned forward. "Say.. What.." His lips were inches from hers. "I just did." With those words he kissed her.

So they kissed. But this isn't the official first kiss of their soon to be relationship. That kiss will be special.