chapter 16 ~a new face~

1 week later

Dom paced outside the room as Kat screamed in pain. She was currently giving birth to their daughter and he wasn't allowed in the room until she was born. He'd been outside for an hour. Suddenly there was silence followed by a baby crying. He smiled as tears came to his eyes. "Kennedy." The door opened and Dominic made no time rushing in. Kat lay in the bed cradling a bundle of pink blankets to her chest. "She's here.. And perfectly healthy." Kat smiled. Dom pushed the blanket back with his thumb smiling down at his daughter. The tiny infant yawned and snuggled against his warm palm, her dark red curls brushed against his fingers. She looked exactly like Kat, with his features mixed in. "Daddy loves you." He whispered softly while Kat smiled up at him. "Wanna hold her while I get some rest?" Dom nodded and took his daughter into his arms. She cooed softly and stretched out her legs to adjust to her father's arms. "God.. Your beautiful like your mommy." Kennedy opened her eyes looking up at her dad. Dom's heart skipped a beat seeing her eyes. She'd inherited his heterochromia and had one green eye and one brown eye.
Dominic couldn't be happier holding his tiny little girl in his arms while she once again fell asleep. "Daddy loves you baby girl. I'm gonna protect you from all the evil in this world. Your gonna grow up to be pure hearted like your mommy.. And brave like your daddy." Kennedy wrapped her tiny hand around her fathers hand with a smile on her face. He couldn't believe his preemie daughter was healthy and beautiful. Looking over at Kat he smiled. She was fast asleep her hair a mangled mess after her top exposed her once again flat stomach. He knew having a baby at 21 would be hard for her but he would help her. Now all he had to do was introduce Kennedy to the rest of the world.

Sarah and Joel were standing outside of the Toronto Hospital. Sarah had a look of what appeared to be heartbreak on her face while Joel was only annoyed. "He's happy. Move on. With me." He held her hand tightly. He didn't want to hurt Kat anymore. Seeing that tiny baby in her arms changed all that. He missed his best friend. "You.. Your over Kat?" He nodded. "That baby needs her mother.  Can't you see that?" Sarah sighed but nodded. "I... I guess your right. I.. I should apologize." She could see Dom through the window. He was whispering to the tiny baby while pacing the room and feeding her. "To them both." Joel nodded and kissed Sarah's cheek. "There's the sarah I love." The two shared a kiss in the moonlight before walking off into the city.

Kat woke up around 9:30 with a smile. Dom was fast asleep on the couch with Kennedy against his chest. Her tiny fist clutched her dads shirt tightly. He must have been up all night with her. "My loves." Weakly she got up and lay beside them. Her eyes fluttered closed once more. Her hand resting on Kennedy's back atop of Dom's. "I love you both." Was all she managed to say before falling asleep.

I didn't Want to drag out kats pregnancy. Hope you like baby Kennedy. Comment a middle name for her. The one I like most gets to be the lucky name and the commenter gets a mention in the story. I'll update again Saturday