chapter 18 -the parents

Dom opened the door and smiled. His and Katherine's parents stood in the hallway with smiles, well except for Kat's father who looked about ready to punch Dominic. "Hey." Kat smiled leaning against Dom, Kennedy gave her own greeting in a happy squeal. Kat smiled down at her daughter kissing her forehead and looking am back at their parents. "Come in." Dom spoke softly and held Kat's waist tightly, to which her father clearly didn't enjoy. Kennedy looked up at her father and placed a tiny, chubby hand on his forearm. He smiled and took her from Katherine's arms and sat down. "She's beautiful son, you two did great." Dom's father spoke with a smile. "Yes, she's beautiful." Ursula, Katherine's mother spoke while her husband only glared at the tiny infant. "Thank you, we couldn't be happier with our baby. We were also thinking..." Kat paused mid-sentence when her father spoke. "You couldn't choose a better man?" Dom opened his mouth to speak but instead went into the kitchen with Kennedy. "There is no better man than Dom in my eyes." She was unsure why her father hated her boyfriend so much. "Someone wanted to help daddy cook... And enjoyed it." Dom had broken egg shells and egg yolk on his shirt while kennedy giggled clapping her hands. "Mommy's little Baker. I'll give her a bath...be nice." With that Kat took Kennedy and went to give her a bath.

Time jump

That night as the snow was falling Kat and Do in b. m lay curled up under a blanket with Kennedy sleeping in their arms. Dom's parents had to leave earlier but Katherine's were staying the night. Kat yawned sleepily while leaning into Dom's arms some more. "Go lay down if your tired." Dom kissed the top of her head and smiled. "I'm... Fine... What if Kennedy... Wakes...up?" Her eyes fluttered shut before opening again. She was clearly exhausted. "He's right dear.. Go lay down." Kat only shook her head and stood up. She wore boy shorts that squeezed her hips and a black tank top,this is what Dom called her 'Mommy' outfit. "I'm gonna go make coffee." Her father only gave a disapproved sigh. "You let our daughter walk around like that!?" Dom looked up at Kat's father. "What's wrong with her mommy outfit?"he asked while laying Kennedy on his chest. Kat walked back into the room with her coffee. "This isn't a mommy outfit. I sleep in this." Ursula smiled, "Katherine dear your a great young woman, and a great mom." Kat smiled and lay her head down on Dom's chest. Kennedy cooed in her sleep snuggling up to her parents. Dominic couldn't be happier watching his girls sleep. "Your a good man Sherwood." Dom nodded sleepily then looked over at Kat's parents. "In that case.... May I have your permission?" Kats father looked at him. "Permission for what." Looking down to make sure kat was asleep he looked back at Kats parents. "I'd like to marry Katherine."