Kimani shrugged and replied with, "She's pretty I guess." Inside it was tearing her up to know that she was another Instagram model who was beautiful and light skin, it was always white, light skin or Asian, no one knew about the dark skin models, the ones filled with melanin, sun kissed skin, gravity defying hair. Nothing about them.

Nothing.

They continued their conversation as they talked more on different topics of interest, meanwhile ..

"Okay .. Thank You very much, so he starts on Monday .. Great." he put down the phone and called for his son to come downstairs from his room. Still the same way it looked 9 years ago, single bed, blue walls, grey carpet, his toys weren't there anymore though and his clothes no longer fit him of course, they were just memories of what he once had. Italy was different, different people, customs and most of all language. He walked down the stairs to the kitchen to where his dad was sitting, looking through envelops encased with old memories and pictures.

"Yeah Dad what did they say?" He questioned his father who began to put his feelings into the envelops and turned to his son.

"You start next week Monday." he stated with a smile plastered on his face. His son was back, his right hand, his heart, his world. He still remembers Natasha calling saying it was time. Two teen parents not knowing what to do with a new life in their hands, they had nothing else to do but try to work things out and create a place for this child to grow and be happy.

..

Kimani walked into her house to smell food being cooked in the kitchen. She walked in and greeted her mother Imani. Her mother was wearing leggings which hugged her physique, a vest top and flip flops. She was cooking rice sticks with meat and vegetables. This was on of Kimani's favourite things to eat. "Hi Mommy!" Kimani sang gleefully as she wrapped her arms around her mothers waist inhaling the coconut scent which was laced through each strand of hair. Her mothers hair was also long but was constantly cut off at the shoulders, never reaching its potential to grow longer.

"Hello Baby, how was school?" Her mother questioned as she smiled cutting up small chunks of meat, seasoned to the bone, bursting with flavour. Preparations for the party were underway, food was being cooked in all households which were in attendance.

"It was good thanks, how was your day?" Kimani had now stolen a piece of meat from the bowl and was eating it, savouring each bite as she knew her mother was going to shoo her out of the kitchen. Once her mother saw her chewing she screwed up her face and squinted her eyes. She pointed with the knife in her hand towards the door to the kitchen. "Leave."

Kimani laughed as she left the kitchen and went to her bedroom. No homework, no coursework, nothing to do. As she opened her wardrobe she saw her Ankara for the party. A two piece ankara set, a pencil skirt and a sleeveless top. Since it was made by her aunty she knew the measurements were correct and just smiled at the outfit. She loved wearing Ankara, especially two pieces, it was the perfect mix of Africa and Contemporary culture, African prints modernised with Contemporary dress styles. She went under her bed and pulled out some red ankle strap high heels to accompany her outfit.

Kimani pulled out some black dolphin shorts and a black tank top with some fuzzy socks to slip and slide across the house. Once she changed into something more comfortable she went onto the computer in the living room to watch makeup tutorials. She already knew how to do makeup but she wanted a look to make her outfit stand out and look nice. She was going to straighten her hair tonight in preparation for tomorrows festivities. Whilst she was in the middle of looking at one of the makeup tutorials her phone began to ring indicating someone was trying to FaceTime her.