Chapter 16: Frank The Huge Elephant

Bắt đầu từ đầu

            "What?!" He shouted. Annabeth fidgeted with the handle of her sword.

            "You know, you're pretty stupid compared to me. After all, I am a Daughter of Athena." Leo looked at her skeptically. The giant chuckled dryly.

            "No demigod is any match for me!"

            "Maybe not, but what about an elephant?" Annabeth challenged. Mimas looked at her with confusion, right as Frank the Huge Elephant crashed down on Mimas, causing him to fall down to the ground.

            Frank ran away before anything could happen to him. Leo took his chance. Annabeth watched as he jumped onto the giant, running past his hands that were trying to catch him. Leo then plunged his sword right into his chest, and twisted it around for good measure. Mimas gasped in pain, and swatted Leo backwards, who fell onto his butt on the grass. Bruises ran up and down his arms.

            Mimas plucked the sword out. He was bleeding golden Ichor rapidly, but it didn't seem to slow him down too much. He picked Leo up, and Annabeth made a rapid decision. She ran to the giant, and leapt onto his upper leg. She then reached up and stabbed him in the thigh before she collapsed back onto the ground when Mimas flicked her off. She was thrown against a tree and got covered in numerous scratches that burned her skin. She hissed slightly, but started to ignore the constant burning. She couldn't dwell on the little bit of pain.

            Athena, Annabeth prayed help us drive this giant away for now. Please, Mother. At first, nothing happened, but Annabeth was surprised when Athena did appear, and look at Annabeth with her matching gray eyes.

            She made her way over to the giant, chanting an unknown language to Annabeth. The giant got up and started going away, holding his wound with his big hand. Annabeth wondered what her mother had done. It worked, though. The giant suddenly vanished from her sight.

            Goodbye, Annabeth, her mother spoke. She was gone in a blink of an eye. Leo was on the ground, groaning. Frank had come out of the bushes, back in human form. They all met each other in the middle of the field.

            "That was awesome, Leo," Frank mentioned. "You should be proud." Annabeth nodded in agreement. Leo smiled.

            "Thanks, guys. I couldn't have done it without you, though. Especially Frank the Elephant." They all laughed as they headed back to the ship. Annabeth was astonished to see someone on the couch, though.

            "Hey guys," Percy croaked. "What did I miss?" That was when Annabeth punched him as hard as she could in the shoulder. He winced, but looked like he was expecting it completely.

            "I was so worried about you!" Annabeth shouted at him. "You're such a jerk." Percy rolled his eyes and then leaned in to kiss her. Gods, she missed his kisses. She put a hand on his face, and he grabbed her, pulling her closer. His lips tasted like sea salt. They pulled apart when Frank cleared his throat awkwardly.

            "Sorry guys." Percy apologized, running a hand through his hair. Leo looked freaked out, and tried to avoid Percy. Percy glanced at him with a slight smile.

            "Leo, it's okay. I don't blame you," Percy reassured him. "I know it was Gaea, my dreams told me. Don't worry, I--it's okay." Leo breathed in a nearly silent sigh of relief and joined the others to tell Percy what other things had happened, like with fighting Mimas, and the call from Camp.  

            "When are you going?" Percy asked Frank. "To Camp Half-Blood." Frank looked over at the clock hanging on the wall.

            "Very soon. I just need a lift somehow." Frank responded. Percy's face lit up suddenly. Everyone looked over at him.