Chapter One - The Adventure Begins

Anyone you recognise belongs to JK. Rowling, Warner Bros., and Bloomsbury.

The three girls made their way to Platform Nine in Kings Cross in silence, contemplating what had happened in the past twenty-four hours. They still couldn’t believe the fact that they were going to Hogwarts, and that they’d be living with Remus Lupin, who had dropped them at the station, from now on.

  “Let’s play Truth or Dare” exclaimed Sheila.

“YES!” shouted Rory.

Katherine sighed and rolled her eyes at her siblings.

“Just wait patiently for once” she murmured, face palming as she heard Sheila dare Rory to run into a wall.

“…packed with muggles of course.” Katherine heard a woman say.

She turned and saw a red-haired woman with five red-haired children walking past, with large trunks with what she assumed to be their initials on. Where have I heard the word ‘muggles’ before? Katherine thought silently to herself. They must be Harry Potter fans. But they look kind of like the Weasley family. Nah. She was so deep in thought that she didn’t notice both of her sisters running at a wall between Platforms Nine and Ten, after arguing about the ridiculous nature of the dare presented. Katherine turned around to discover that Sheila and Rory had disappeared, and she began to panic.

                                                                          *

Meanwhile, Sheila and Rory were standing in front of a scarlet engine, gawking at the sight before them. Sheila recovered first, and ran back out through the barrier separating the magic and muggle worlds. Rory snapped out of her daze and began to walk along the platform. From a distance she saw two familiar looking red heads helping a familiar looking black haired bespectacled boy load his trunk onto the train. She turned around and saw the number of the platform on which she stood, and started hyperventilating. It was Platform 9 and ¾.

Sheila had just come back through the barrier to see Katherine in a right state of panic.

“Katherine!” Sheila shouted, “Come over here.”

Katherine turned to see her.

“WHERE DID YOU DISAPPEAR TO? AND WHERE IS AURORA?”

“Whoa. You are so lucky she didn’t hear you call her that. Anyway, we ran at a wall, but not any wall Katherine, it’s the barrier that separates the magic and muggle worlds!” Sheila explained.

“I don’t believe you” snapped Katherine.

“I’ll prove it” said Sheila, as she took Katherine’s arm.

“No Sheila. You are not dragging me into a wall for fun.”

“But it’s true. It all exists. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, dragons, Hogwarts, every-” Sheila was cut off by a hand over her mouth.

Katherine looked up and saw Mrs Weasley.

“You shouldn’t talk so loudly dear. You never know who might overhear you,” said Mrs Weasley to Sheila. “I’m Molly Weasley,” she said, smiling at the two girls.

“Uh…um…uh” Katherine stuttered.

“Sorry Mrs Weasley. She’s just shy. I’m Sheila and this is my sister, Katherine. We have another sister, but she’s on THE platform, if you get my drift,” said Sheila.

“Well you two best run along. You don’t want to miss the train,” Mrs Weasley smiled kindly. “Yeah, we don’t want to miss the train Katherine. Come on!” Sheila dragged Katherine over to the barrier. “Ready. Set. GO!” Sheila shouted and the two ran at the barrier.