The Smith Sisters and the Philosopher's Stone

This story is a co-authored story. Please bare with us for updates :)

Anyone you recognise belongs to JK. Rowling, Warner Bros. and Bloomsbury. I only own Rory, Sheila and Katherine Smith.

Three ten year old girls sat in the eldest girl’s bedroom. You never would have guessed that the girls were in fact triplets as they looked so different from one another. Aurora Smith was the eldest of the three, with shoulder length black hair with two streaks down the side that changed colour every so often. On this particular day one was red and the other gold. She had chocolate brown eyes and was always smiling. She wasn’t a girly girl and preferred to be called Rory. Sheila was the middle triplet. With long blonde hair that fell in ringlets, and piercing green eyes, she was always having a good laugh pulling pranks. Katherine was the youngest of the three. She had long straight brown hair with purple streaks, and had deep brown eyes. She was often referred to as ‘the clever one’ and often she thought through the prank plans her sisters had come up with, and often tried to stop them pulling said pranks.

 All three girls were massive Harry Potter fans. In fact, Rory would often liken to the three of them to the Marauders – minus Pettigrew. She thought herself to be much like Prongs, also known as James Potter, whereas Sheila was more like Padfoot, also known as Sirius Black III, and that left Katherine, who was a lot like Moony, also known as Remus Lupin – minus the lycanthropy. Rory had read all the books countless times, and they were her most prized possession, and had seen the eight movies many times, and this made her the defacto leader of their little trio. She often explained to her sisters – who had only seen the movies – in detail what happened in the books, specifically things like Peeves, Winky and the fact that James Potter was a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and not a Seeker like Harry was.

 ~ 

The girls were crying. Their Aunt had just died. They had received a letter from their Aunt’s second cousin, whom the girls had never met, that said they had to go and live with him. The letter was signed R.J.L., and Rory was trying to figure out anyone she knew of who had those initials. While she was thinking, she said to her sisters;

“At least we won’t end up like Riddle Jr”.

“Who are you on about Rory?” asked Katherine through her sobs, thinking ‘she is gonna relate this to Harry Potter somehow.’

“He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named,” answered Sheila, a small smile appearing on her face.

“What? Voldemort?” questioned Katherine.

Her sisters fake-flinched, and said in unison,

“We do not speak his name.”

Then all three girls burst into fits of laughter.

“You know, now I think about it properly, I do know of one person whose initials are R.J.L.” stated Rory.

“And who would that be then?” asked Sheila.

With a straight face, Rory replied, “Professor R.J.Lupin.”

There was a sudden screeching from outside. Katherine, who was closest to the window opened it and looked out. She saw three specks getting closer and closer. As they approached she saw that they were in fact owls.

“GUYS! OWLS!” she squealed.

“No smurfing way!” yelled Rory, as she scrambled to the window, to look for herself.

Just then, the three owls flew into Rory’s bedroom, deposited the letters they were carrying, and flew off.

Sheila was the first to get to the letters. She picked the first one up.

“Aurora Smith. The Largest Bedroom. 16 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.” Sheila stared at the envelope before it was suddenly snatched out of her hands by Rory.

Rory proceeded to open her letter in excitement. She read it aloud.

“Dear Miss Smith,

It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

She started squealing in excitement.

“GUYS IM GOING TO HOGWARTS!”

“You realise that it’s the first of September tomorrow right?” Sheila pointed out.

“How are we going to get there? How are we going to get all our stuff?” Katherine started panicking.

There was a knock at the front door. Rory took a few breaths before going downstairs to open the door, to reveal a man with light brown hair, and shabby clothing.

“Hi!” Rory greeted brightly.

“Hello,” the guy smiled at her.

“Can I help you?”

“I’m looking for the Smith girls. Do you know where they are?”

“Depends on who’s asking?” she replied.

“Remus Lupin.”

Rory looked at him carefully.

“Fenrir Greyback.” She muttered.

He flinched.

“I believe you are who you say you are.” Rory smiled. “Come on in.”